Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

confused

Warm And Burning Feet

Last night my step son came to me and told me his feet have been really warm at night and almost like an burning sensation. He asked me if it was part of celiac and i otld him i had no idea. Does anyone else experience this?

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

This could be a gluten related neuropathy but I would mention it to his doctor. It could also be caused by some other things, diabetes being one of them. I would ask for that to be ruled out quickly. Is he having any other neuro type issues like mood swings, depression, anxiety, numbness and or tingling, headaches? If the answer is yes I would be inclined to think celiac related but you still would be wise to check things out.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

I agree this is something you need to ask about.

That said, I had a burning sensation on the bottoms of my feet that went away post gluten-free. I also had the same feeling on my face and in my mouth. Neither of those has happened since gluten-free either.

Has he been on the diet for long? I would say it took a few months, at least, for this to go away for me.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

You might want to look into erythromelalgia, which can cause burning extremities. It's something I looked into as my hands burn and turn red, but I was never completely satisfied that I have it. I'm hoping it's just a celiac symptom which might fade away once I start The Diet.

My husband started with burning feet (and pins and needles) right after he went gluten-free and it' been 3 years and it hasn't stopped. Diabetes has been ruled out. Only thing it could be is that he went so long misdiagnosed and this is another complication of celiac due to malabsorption and malnourishment for years. He also gets a monthly Vit B shot and takes Vit B 12 & 6 sublingually weekly. This burning now appears to be permanent.

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

Thanks everyone for your replies. I will talk to his dr to see what she says. He does have low blood sugar so maybe it is connected to that. Or that he is still eating gluten, but that is another post so i will post about that later.

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet