Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

missy'smom

Western Iowa Eastern Nebraska

Does anyone know of any support groups/doctors/lawyers or other help along the Eastern Nebraska-Western Iowa border near Sioux City? I'm researching getting some help for my mom who lives in LeMars.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

some of the HYVEE stores in central Iowa have support groups for celiac disease that meet in their stores. I don't know about your location but they do have a fairly complete selection of gluten-free foods so they might have a support group associated with a store near your mom.

Hi!

I don't live out there but have been out to the area for Tulip festival nearby-there is a support group in Sioux Falls, here is the contact info-

Sioux Falls Celiac Disease Support Group, 7 p.m. Call: Grace, 582-7194, or June, 528-6189. Second Monday

there is probably one in Sioux City too which would be closer to her, but I haven't heard of it. If she lives in LeMars, last year when we were through in Sioux Center I was shocked to find Casey's bakery actually carrying gluten free cake mixes and such in their store. A lot of supermarkets though will carry stuff if you tell them you will buy it, especially if you can find someone else in the county who is also interested in purchasing it.

Good luck!!

I live about 20 miles south of Sioux City, and I haven't heard of a support group, but there might be. I know that the Hyvee on Hamilton Boulevard has a lot of gluten-free stuff, way more than the others do. They might have info on support groups in the area--I've just never asked.