Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marlene

Dysfunctional Liver

I have been doing a lot of research into dysfunctional liver and have found out some rather interesting information. Personally, I wonder if this explains why some people take longer to heal on the gluten free diet and why some people never really seem to heal completely.

Dysfunctional liver can cause a number of symptoms including: gall bladder disease, food intolerances, chemical sensitivities, fatigue, brain fog, etc. etc. Many of us have had our gall bladders out, started the gluten free diet, and then found we had other intolerances. Could it all be traced back to dysfunctional liver?

There are articles on the internet (one of them on celiac.com) which state that undiagnosed celiac can cause liver dysfunction. I wonder if in non-celiac gluten intolerant people it is actually a dysfunctional liver which contributes to gluten intolerance??

Dysfunctional liver is one of those things which can be subclinical and common liver tests won't show anything. (That sounds familiar!)

I would love to hear any feedback you might have on this. Has anyone had testing for dysfunctional liver? Does anyone know about liver dysfunction and food intolerances?

Thanks alot,

Marlene

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Marlene...here is your post.