Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

janelyb

Finally The Gi And I Are On The Same Page

So our last visit to the GI in April she didn't think he was celiac or gluten intollerent for that. She said put him back on gluten. I didn't listen to her and I kept him off gluten and then took out dairy too.

Well today we went for our follow up and I told her how great he was doing on the Gluten-free Casein-free diet and how his rash went away, how his appetite has increased,he's growing, etc etc.....I showed her our genetic testing from enterolab. And guess what she said that is great if the diet is working keep gim on it! Then she proceeded to tell me the IGG test that she did that was "false Positive"(her words) is actually an indicator of early signs of celiac. She did say the only way to know for sure is biopsy but she didn't suggest we go that route unless we really wanted too. I said no way, this is proof to me! Oh she did say I might want to challenge it to see if he reacts to all gluten, I told her we've already accidentally done that and that is proof to me! So awesome she agrees with me,can't wait to tell me local Celiac group who are having problems with her

She agreed and we have a follow up in 4 months.

So in 2 months he has gained 2 pounds and grown about 1.5 inches!

ETA: She even said Gluten Free is much healthier way to eat! Whoo hoo!

Janel (me): gluten-free since 4/10/07; casien free 5/1/07;soy light 10/07

**LOST 35 lbs since April 2007(much needed weight loss)**

ds(6 yrs)- gluten-free since 3/19/07; casein free 5/2/07;soy free 10/07

HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 7,7)

new dx= Hirschsprungs Disease w/cecostomy

the non believers, only allergen free eatting at home because they have to be:

Hubby: refuses to eat Gluten-free Casein-free except for dinner

dd(14 yrs)- refuses to go along with any special dietary retrictions *I suspect dairy/wheat intollerant*

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am so glad you got good results. We went to see the G/I today and really did not get anywhere. Rebecca is not loosing weight and has dropped to the 1% for weight. He is doing RAS testing and wants me to supplement but I don't know what to do. I am trying to get into Stanford now.

Sarah

Sarah 29 gluten-free for daughter since March 2007

Rebecca 12/21/06 apppears to be sensitive to all foods FFT

Robbie 1/12/07 cashew allergy, doing better off gluten

I am so glad you got good results. We went to see the G/I today and really did not get anywhere. Rebecca is not loosing weight and has dropped to the 1% for weight. He is doing RAS testing and wants me to supplement but I don't know what to do. I am trying to get into Stanford now.

Sarah

Oh no, the lowest we've ever gotten was about 5%. For the past year or so he's been following his own curve at a steady 25%. So does he have to reffer you to Standford or the primary? Good luck I hope you get in quickly.

Janel (me): gluten-free since 4/10/07; casien free 5/1/07;soy light 10/07

**LOST 35 lbs since April 2007(much needed weight loss)**

ds(6 yrs)- gluten-free since 3/19/07; casein free 5/2/07;soy free 10/07

HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 7,7)

new dx= Hirschsprungs Disease w/cecostomy

the non believers, only allergen free eatting at home because they have to be:

Hubby: refuses to eat Gluten-free Casein-free except for dinner

dd(14 yrs)- refuses to go along with any special dietary retrictions *I suspect dairy/wheat intollerant*