Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bakinghomesteader

Well, I Went And Did It

I have been gluten free since 6/5 and did wonderful and first several days. Then, had some problems with cc I think. But, I really felt good. Bloating went way down, pain went down, skin looks much better, and this is weird--you know how you get "chicken" skin kinda on your butt cheeks (sorry), well since going gluten free, my butt cheeks (again sorry) are smooth as silk, no rough skin anywhere. I also lost 2 lbs to 115.5

So I thought I would test myself and eat something with gluten now. :blink: Well, last night I went and ate something with gluten in it. Well, Lord have mercy, I could not sleep last night due to the pain and discomfort. I felt so sick. Just awful. NEVER again. :o That was enough. I am still miserable!! Back to gluten free for me for good. I guess I just had to know for sure through the elimation diet. Well, now I know. I pray that the bloating goes away soon and I feel better again. gluten-free for me, yes sir.

Bakinghomesteader

sometimes you just gotta know

homeschooling mom to 12 yr old son

helpmeet to wonderful husband of 13 yrs

dx Myasthenia Gravis 1998

Official Celiac dx 6/2008

Gluten Free since 6/5/07 (with the exception of 6 weeks and any cc)

Positive Enterolab Result 8/23/07

Positive bloodwork 6/2/08 after eating gluten for 6 weeks

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

it's true, sometimes you do just have to know.

when my blood tests were inconclusive, I did a dietary challenge - vital wheat gluten (I had it around for baking), in yogurt. it was disgusting, and I felt horrid for the next week. but man, do I know! :)

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

I'd test it I think... If i had a week to spare to doing nothing. Now i'm thinking about it I don't know if i could. A friend of mine is allergic to strawberries, and she literally can not eat them. Her throat won't let her eat them and she vomits instantly. The psychological impact of her first allergic reaction and how scared and sick she got psychiscally makes it impossible. I am finding myself nausous thinking about gluten also. Kind of the same nausous when I think about rat poision or gasoline. ICK! Mind over matter I say.

Dx 3/23/07

Gluten free 3/27/07

Intolerant:

Gluten

MSG

Allergies:

Ragweed

Honeydew

Cantalope

Nickel (jewelry)

Dx'd Lymphocytic Colitis 6/16/08

I am a bad silly-yak!