Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jennb0828

Joint Pain And Steroids

Hi everyone ..... I'm pretty new at all of this ...... to keep things short, I was diagnosed in 1998 with Lupus due to joint pain, and just undera year ago, I began to feel worse (while sstill on steroids) but at the same time my test results like the ANA were negative, so doctors began to question whther or not I had Lupus .... plus at the same time I was deemed hypoglycemic ..... in doing research I have just about all the symptoms of celiac disease and since my bloodtest results came back neg but apparently that doesn't mean you don't have it I was told, we're trying the gluten-free diet to see if we get results .... the only problem with this is that I'm still on prednisone ..... has anyone ever had to try thisbecause I'm unsure how quickly to come off of it or how fast eating gluten-free should start making my joints feel better???

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My husband has joint pain, and has been diagnosed with Celiac. He does not have any other symptoms, and his case is certainly different from yours. But, he has been gluten-free for over two months with no real change in his symptoms.

I have posted on several sections of this site, and have gotten great responses. My husband may have something else that is causing his pains, or it may just take longer for certain people. You just have to try it and see how it works. Sorry I can't help with the Prednisone question.

If steroids are making it worse, I'd be tested for Lyme Disease. It has similar symptoms to celiac disease and is often misdiagnosed as Lupus.

I'd also try the gluten-free diet to see what your dietary response is.

For Lyme testing, you have to be sure your doctor uses www.igenex.com. I ordered the test kit then took it to my doctor. Be sure to get a copy of your results because the tests are difficult to read and many doctors who don't do them every day read them incorrectly. You can post your results on www.Lame Advertisement for help in interpreting.

Also check out www.ilads.org and www.canlyme.com.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

Chances are if you have lumps on your body for years and the Dr. isn't concerned they're probably not lymph nodes. Chronically swollen lymph nodes would be something every Dr. would be concerned with.  Chances are you just have cysts ...
    It's different  for everyone, it can be a month or maybe a year. Most probably within a few months. This is assuming the symptoms are in fact related to gluten, which they may not be. 
    Hi Laura I'm so pleased you found answers.  This is very encouraging.  Seven years on from my own diagnosis I wish I could have some vitamin and mineral screening, I'm sure I'm still deficient. Cristiana