This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

New At This

sherrid

sherrid Newbie

i HAVE BEEN WHEAT FREE SINCE fRIDAY and feel better havn't gotten any energy back how long does that take? Also I feel like I am in withdrawl can this happen? I really miss bread I tried tapico loaf and almost threw up. ANy good ones out there? How do you all do it?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

TrillumHunter Enthusiast

I could tell by the second week. I stopped waking up in pain and feeling overwhelmed by everything. If you will read through the board you will see lots of us have setbacks. A few weeks into it I was feeling so good! Then one night I had a big dish of ice cream and was sick for a week.

One thing I learned from this board is go natural and simple for your foods. Lean proteins, fresh fruit and veg simply prepared make me feel great.

As far as withdrawal-you very well could be. I think there is someone on here who know alot more than me.

Crystalkd Contributor

I wish I had more help to give you but I'm new to this as well. (3 weeks) I have found I like Whole Food Markets gluten free bread. Nature's path has good cereals, Vans, has good waffles,Tinkyada has good pasta, corn torillas are not as bad as I thought, kool-aid, miracle whip, and quaker rice cakes are no nos. I haven't started baking my own stuff yet but I've been told potato flour is be best way to go for breads. Hang in there. Take it one day at a time. Get creative with meals. Mine was three corn tortillas with, chesse, turkey. lettece, mayo, and bell pepper. It was good! My lunch will be the same thing but in a lettuce leaf instead. It really is one day at a time.

Guest j_mommy

Withdrawls are very possible. The biggest thing for me was rolls.....I use Chebe products now and really like them!!!

It does get easier..and the "feeling better" time for everyone is diffrent!!! Give it time! It's frustrating but it does get better!

Good Luck!

tarnalberry Community Regular

It can take at least a week to get over just one glutening - it's going to take time for you to feel better.

As for "how do you do it?" - I find that sticking with naturally gluten free foods the easiest. Fruit and veggies, rice and beans, meats and (if you can have it - I can't) dairy and eggs. Then get into the specialty foods. Two things I find to greatly help get through the first thing, if you don't want to cook *everything* from scratch, are corn tortillas and store bought hummus and/or guacamole. ;)

Archived