Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

angielackner

Memphis, Tn Restaurants?

i will be attending the "my little pony" fair/convention the end of july, and this year we are having it in memphis. so far my googling has really turned up nada for gluten free options in memphis...a bunch of us staff for the fair go out to dinner together, and i would really like to find us a place that would be good for all the gluten eating people, as well as myself. any suggestions would be much appreciated!

thanx!

angie

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

i will be attending the "my little pony" fair/convention the end of july, and this year we are having it in memphis. so far my googling has really turned up nada for gluten free options in memphis...a bunch of us staff for the fair go out to dinner together, and i would really like to find us a place that would be good for all the gluten eating people, as well as myself. any suggestions would be much appreciated!

thanx!

angie

bump...anyone? why isnt this getting stickied?

thanx

angie

bump...anyone? why isnt this getting stickied?

thanx

angie

I can't think of a lot of recommendations in Memphis. There is an Outback on Hacks Cross Rd that I would have recommended, because I have eaten there safely probably a dozen times. Last weekend, however, I was severely glutened by them.

In Memphis, there is a Carrabbas (sp?) on Poplar Ave. No personal experience, but I hear they are Celiac-friendly. For finer dining there is a Fleming's Steakhouse (same chain as Outback, I think but more upscale) also on Poplar.

Otherwise:

PF Chang's

Bonefish

Google them for Memphis locations. Again, the only one I have personal experience with is the one Outback location I mentioned. I will say this....I was SO sick my husband called them and really got their attention (something he's never done before). I do think they'd be very heads up; I just don't have any desire to repeat my visit anytime soon.

For food in your room, etc., there is a Wild Oat's also on Poplar (obviously a main drag through Mphs) where we shop for Gluten Free goodies every couple of mos.

I hope this isn't too late. What area of Mphs will you be in?

Memphis -

Bonefish Grill

Carrabba's Italian Grille

El Chico

Flemming's Steakhouse

Hard Rock Cafe

Outback

P.F. Chang's

Ruth's Chris

Texas Roadhouse (may no longer have a gluten-free menu)

ALL HAVE GLUTEN FREE MENU'S Have a great time.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

This is good advice. Some restaurants offer gluten-free menus or mark items with “GF” on their regular menu, and I try to eat at such places. I still talk to the manager when I order to be sure. 
    I've had a swollen gland in my neck similar to what you described.  I found that taking thiamine helps immensely.   Here's an article that you might find helpful..... http://wandererandhome.weebly.com/heal-yourself/vitamin-b1-th...
    Mummu said her daughter was "constantly nauseated, tired, and having little to no interest in eating.  She's lost weight and I'm worried she may be becoming depressed"   I agree with M.Martha.  The Autoimmune diet without dairy and...