Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest micah

Lunch Made Me All Fogged Up

Guest micah

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone sees any hidden gluten that I wasn't aware of in the lunch I ate, which is

Deviled eggs...made with egg, salad dressing (Great Value), mustard, olive

carrots and broccoli in margarine and onion powder

cheese

frozen strawberries with sugar

Dr. Pepper (of course-my true love) :rolleyes:

Any advice would be appreciated sooo much...I'm trying sooo hard to get the gluten out as fast as I can cause I'm so sick of the brain fog. I was doing so well this morning til I ate lunch! :wacko:

Micah

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone sees any hidden gluten that I wasn't aware of in the lunch I ate, which is

cheese

Any advice would be appreciated sooo much...I'm trying sooo hard to get the gluten out as fast as I can cause I'm so sick of the brain fog. I was doing so well this morning til I ate lunch! :wacko:

Micah

Nothing jumps out, but perhaps some cross contamination from the mayo or mustard. I assume that you prepared the deviled eggs at home. Anyother non celiac in the house, that double dips?

I have found that the longer I am gluten free, the longer it takes for me to react. If I get glutened it normally takes about 22 hours to notice a problem. So, perhaps it may be from a previous meal or snack.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Hi everyone,

cheese

Micah

I have found gluten in bargin mayo, check the ingredients. And as Momma Goose mentioned, is the mayo from your pre-Celiac days? Or does someone else use it with regular gluten containing bread? It seems impossible that one bread crumb can make us ill but it really can be that sensitive. You may need to replace your condiments or if you are sharing a kitchen, get your own set of condiments.

Also, onion powder could have unlisted gluten in it if it's a bargin brand (a cheap anti-caking agent and it stretches it). McCormicks doesn't do this and some other brands are good as well. Call the maker and ask.

I was surprised to find gluten in a bargin grated cheese down here that was an "FMV" brand. Check your cheese ingretients.

BTW, if you like spicy, try putting a bit of pico de gallo in your deviled eggs. Zing!

Karen B.

diagnosed with Celiac Nov. 2003

Guest micah

That's great advice, thanks. I guess I'll get my own condiments just in case. I'll have to try that pico de gaillo.

Thanks

Micah

When I first found I had celiac disease = I was getting cross contamination from just about everything in the refridg, then I bought myself all my own condiments and put a big fat G*F on them (for gluten free). That way if there was any gluten in the other condiments I didn't get it. Now the family shares the same ones - we have a gluten-free house with food. If they want anything with gluten they get to eat out for a night. :o)

Feb 9, 07 - Positive gene test D2 -Celiac Disease and Positive D3 for Gluten Sensitivity-Double Whammy!

Positive blood test for antibodies for celiac

SEVERE Gluten Ataxia - trouble speaking - could not even turn my head side to side - almost bedridden

March 07 - 2 different doctors have documented my records as confirmed Celiac

Oct 07 - found a secret to feeling better - no processed foods - The healing comes from eating raw vegetables, and fruits!

Husband - tested = celiac gene+diabetes gene

3 children-

youngest - doc wont test has w/ Hashimoto Disease

middle- tested = celiac gene+lymphoma gene - dx-celiac

oldest - ignores warnings