Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

debmidge

Bonefish Grill Of Iselin/woodbridge Nj

This will be my husband's first restaurant experience in over 3 years gluten-free and I want it to be best it can be. We will be going there on 7/14 our anniversary and I'd like to hear from y'all who have gone there to let me know their experience and what to watch out for, should I call them ahead of time? what's good there/what's not?

I am pulling the menu off the website in the meanwhile.

thanks

Debbie

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

We just got a Bonefish Grill in Brick, NJ. It is wonderful. I recommend reservations though. Otherwise you are looking at a 2 hour wait, and that is normal there. I never told them on the phone that I was gluten free, I just told the waitstaff and have never had a problem. They have always seemed to know what gluten is, and the chefs seemed pretty good. The shrimp appetizer is the best!! I love it. I always get the chicken dish, I know, its a fish place, you are supposed to get fish, but oh my is that chicken good.

You could always say something when you make the reservations, it cant hurt to mention it.

I hope you enjoy it!

Stephanie

Stephanie

Gluten free since October 05

son born severly premature due to

celiac

"True love stories never end" Richard Bach

"Did you ever stop thinking and forget to start again?" AA Milne

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you" AA Milne

Swimming Instructor #2 and Town Crier of Rachelville

Hi,

The bonefish places in Chicago have gluten-free menus as they are owned bythe Outback chain. I live in Hawaii and used to very fresh fish

but always go there when I visit family. THe place is great and they seem to be very careful about any cross contamination.

Always have great meals there.

Happy anniversary! My 30th is on the 26th

Ken

This will be my husband's first restaurant experience in over 3 years gluten-free and I want it to be best it can be. We will be going there on 7/14 our anniversary and I'd like to hear from y'all who have gone there to let me know their experience and what to watch out for, should I call them ahead of time? what's good there/what's not?

I am pulling the menu off the website in the meanwhile.

thanks

Debbie

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Their gluten-free menu mentions garlic mashed potatoes...can we get them without the garlic?

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003