Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hammondtam

My 2 Year Old Was Tested Yesterday

My dd had bloodwork to test for Celiac Disease and Thyroid yesterday. I was more nervous than she was I think.... We went in there and they said they took bloodwork just like they do for an adult right out of the arm.... I am looking at this poor little girl's arm thinking you are kidding me.... Well they did it and I was on the verge of tears watching, but Maggie did so good she didn't flinch, she didn't make a peep.... I was so proud of her! I took her out for breakfast afterwards to show her how proud I was. :D

Then we get home and she takes a 4 hour nap!!!! It must have taken a lot out of her. Then all she wanted to do was eat after she got up.....

Well hopefully we get the results back today or Monday!

Ashley

Diagnosed Celiac Sprue Oct. 06

Gluten Free Oct. 06

Positive Changes with going Gluten Free

DD 11/2/04 Tested for Celiac 6/21/07, Results not in yet

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Good for Her!!!

My daughter (age 6) was diagnosed with Celiac and now we have to have my son (age 8) tested. I can't tell you how much I dread this. He goes into hysterics whenever he gets his flu shot. I can not imagine what he is going to do for a blood draw.

Anybody got some good suggestions?

Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

animal0028.gif

Please dont go only by the bloodwork for a 2 year old. My son was 3 when diagnosed and his bloodwork was totally normal, allthough he already had the internal damage. So even if they come back normal, and you think she may still have it go with your gut feeling. Try the diet for a few months and see if there is a change. Just my 2 cents.

April L. In NY

w/ Hunter 4 DX by biopsy on his 3rd B-day 7-28-06

Douglas 6, Gluten Intolerant, Biopsy Neg.

Virginia 10, tested neg.

And the hubby.

Thank You for suggestion...I think no matter what that blood test says i am going to feed her gluten free for awhile and see what happens.....

I can just see so many of the same symptoms i had before i was diagnosed in her.... from the bloated belly all the time, to the horrible gas, to the awful smelling dirty diapers. The days that she is starving to death, and then the days where she is "scared" to eat..... I can just see it all..... and i have a feeling my gut is right on this one.

Ashley

Diagnosed Celiac Sprue Oct. 06

Gluten Free Oct. 06

Positive Changes with going Gluten Free

DD 11/2/04 Tested for Celiac 6/21/07, Results not in yet

Thank You for suggestion...I think no matter what that blood test says i am going to feed her gluten free for awhile and see what happens.....

You might want to get a gold standard biopsy dx before going gluten-free. I made that mistake and regretted it. TO make a child sick again to get a dx was just plain horrific (as well as illogical, but that is the way the system works).

I see no reason that you can not insist on a biopsy, especially if the gene marker is present.