Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

missy'smom

Porcupine Meatballs

1 beaten egg

1 10 3/4 oz. can condensed cream of tomato soup( I use the Imagine or Pacific, since it's not condensed I add a little cornstarch to some of it after the meatballs are cooked and carefully mix it in to thicken the sauce.

1/4 c. long grain rice

1/4 tsp. onion powder or minced onion(amount up to you)

1/4 tsp. pepper

1 pound ground beef

1 tsp. worcestershire sauce

1/2 tsp dried basil or oregano

Add 1/4 c. soup to the meat, egg, rice, onion powder and pepper mixture. Shape into balls and place in a preheated skillet. Pour in enough soup to come 1/2 way up the sides of the meatballs. (original recipie said to add 1/2 c. water to the soup but I just use my judgement as to how much uncondensed soup to add to the pan. I don't add the water.) add wor. sauce and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover. Simmer 20 min. or until rice is cooked. Stir in a little cornstarch mixed w/ soup to thicken the sauce if necessary or stir in some gluten-free breadcrumbs. They will act as a thickener also.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

If you can get the Trader Joes or other brand basmati and wild rice mix with dehydrated veggies(no seasonings)it is a good substitute for the long grain rice and adds extra flavor. Serve with parmesan cheese. Tonight I used canned plain tomato sauce and a little sugar, salt and pepper and a splash of milk instead of the soup.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies