Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Babygirl6915

Progresso Creamy Mushroom

I read on here that this soup is gluten-free so I bought it. I was going to use it on a roast tomorrow for dinner but as I was reading the can today I saw Monosodium Glutamate. MSG is definitely gluten right? If I cannot use this soup, can anyone else recommend a cream of mushroom substitute? Thanks!!!!

Jess

Jessica

Negative for Celiac

Confirmed Wheat Allergy May 5, 2007

Gluten-Free since May 7, 2007!

Other allergies: Dust Mites, Bananas, Fish, Shellfish, Chocolate, Feathers, Penicillin, 3 kinds of grasses, 4 kinds of trees & shrubs, 3 kinds of mold, & Cockroaches!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Where do you buy the cream of mushroom soup? I havnt been able to find it anywhere.

I found it @ Tom Thumb. Dunno if it is a national chain but they are here in TX.

Jessica

Negative for Celiac

Confirmed Wheat Allergy May 5, 2007

Gluten-Free since May 7, 2007!

Other allergies: Dust Mites, Bananas, Fish, Shellfish, Chocolate, Feathers, Penicillin, 3 kinds of grasses, 4 kinds of trees & shrubs, 3 kinds of mold, & Cockroaches!

Where do you buy the cream of mushroom soup? I havnt been able to find it anywhere.

I use Health Valley. I find it in the health food or natural food aisle where all the gluten free foods are in my store.

I won't use progresso because of the MSG reaction I'll get. IF you keep a food diary and have other reactions to food, chemicals or molds you might consider foods containing MSG. It is also disguised under different names if you want to google it.

Gail

Gluten Free since Jan. 06

Gluten intolerant. DQ 0301 DQ 0602

Lactose intolerant.

most of the regular grocers carry it, but i've found that places like walmart only carry it *sometimes* so when i find it on sale (less than $3.... :( ) I will stock up!

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.