Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

barbara123

Diagnosed!

Hey Everyone

I got my results today, I am positive for celiac I have mixed feelings about this, I am so happy that I found out what was wrong with me. Didn't really want this but at least now I know that I am not crazy!!!

Guess now I will have to do more studying and be more vigilant on my diet!

:huh:

I have already learned so much from yall Thank you so much

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Congratulations on getting answers! When I finally got diagnosed (with Lyme, I'm non-celiac gluten intolerant), we went out to celebrate knowing what was wrong ... not the confirmation that I was sick, but the hope that I could get better. I understand how you feel -- relieved.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

I know how you feel! * cheers * I was thrilled when they finally pegged down the cause of my years of problems. Keep researching, there is a lot of very good information out there to find. Feel free to ask questions too. Sometimes you get mixed information with internet searches and asking questions here can clear up confusion. Besides, I get the majority of the answers to my questions by reading posts from others that have similar problems ; D

Barbara, I'm thrilled you finally got some definitive answers! There's nothing more frustrating that to know something's wrong, and not get any answers from the health care professionals!!! I've been gluten-free for 7 years now, but was originally mis-diagnosed with Crohn's for over 10 years! I, too, am going through some health "issues" right now, with no definitive answers--VERY frustrating! Best of luck to you & your new diet! Hope you'll be feeling better soo!

I agree. I need to go to the doctor about some issues I'm having like unexplained weight gain, etc. I have not made an appt yet b/c I don't think I would be taken seriously. I predict I will hear "well, you are getting older and closer to menopause and that's just the way it happens." There are 2 women nurse practitioners that I trust so I may request one of them instead. MEN! :o

Robin from Indiana