Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xxndnromeoxx

Where Do I Get Food Sensitivity Testing Done?

I suspect that I am sensitive to gluten. One reason why I know is due to constipation and bloating. I cannot tolerate it, every time I eat wheat, I get extremely constipated. When I stop, it goes back to normal. Another reason is my skin, I flare up badly when I eat wheat, and it goes down a week later. But right now it's just a "suspicion" but I do not know where to go to get tested. I also want to get tested for all foods, but at the same time am scared that I will be paying more than I should.

So that is why I ask here where exactly do I need to go to get tested. Is there a specific doctor who can do it? Naturopath? Or is it just a regular doctor? I am not sure but really need to know.

I reside in Houston, so if there are any here that you know of please do let me know, I am dying to find out and thought this was the best place to ask.

Thank you so much!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I suspect that I am sensitive to gluten. One reason why I know is due to constipation and bloating. I cannot tolerate it, every time I eat wheat, I get extremely constipated. When I stop, it goes back to normal. Another reason is my skin, I flare up badly when I eat wheat, and it goes down a week later. But right now it's just a "suspicion" but I do not know where to go to get tested. I also want to get tested for all foods, but at the same time am scared that I will be paying more than I should.

So that is why I ask here where exactly do I need to go to get tested. Is there a specific doctor who can do it? Naturopath? Or is it just a regular doctor? I am not sure but really need to know.

I reside in Houston, so if there are any here that you know of please do let me know, I am dying to find out and thought this was the best place to ask.

Thank you so much!

Most doctors offices can draw lab for a food allergy panel. The office that I work in draws the blood and sends it out.

My husband and daughter are both allergic to wheat (and alot of other stuff) and they both get bad symptoms like yours. It was about $440 for the full panel and it test for about 150 diff foods. Most insurance companies pay for it if you have a diagnosis.