Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

janelyb

?results Of Fecal Iga Cow's Milk Protein

I know many here use enterolab and then others are skeptical of them. I had the cow's milk protein test done on my son and his results were

Fecal anti-casein (cow

Janel (me): gluten-free since 4/10/07; casien free 5/1/07;soy light 10/07

**LOST 35 lbs since April 2007(much needed weight loss)**

ds(6 yrs)- gluten-free since 3/19/07; casein free 5/2/07;soy free 10/07

HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 7,7)

new dx= Hirschsprungs Disease w/cecostomy

the non believers, only allergen free eatting at home because they have to be:

Hubby: refuses to eat Gluten-free Casein-free except for dinner

dd(14 yrs)- refuses to go along with any special dietary retrictions *I suspect dairy/wheat intollerant*

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I had an IgA of 32 for casein. I went off dairy very strictly for six months, then challenged it.

I felt no better off the dairy, and felt nothing in the challenge, so I eat it again.

I think that Enterolab can be a tool to see what's going on, but I think that you need to confirm it with dietary response.

My understanding is, this is the nature of anti-body tests. Even the Lyme test is antibody and is confirmed with response to treatment.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

I think you need to consider ALL your physical symptoms with and without cow's milk consumption. I always believed I had lactose (milk sugar) intolerance and used 'lactase' pills to eat dairy. I only took the Enterolab milk sensitivity test as part of their full panel of tests. I really didn't think I had a milk allergy. My lactose intolerance symptoms were bloating, gas and cramping pain after consuming dairy without taking lactase tablets. However I also had lifelong sinus allergies, congestion and regular sinus infections after almost every cold. Also I had chronic constipation, which did not change after I eliminated gluten.

After my Elab test results showed a positive milk sensitivity result, I abstained from all dairy. My constipation decreased. More important, for the first time in my life, I could BREATHE through my nose and smell everything. Without dairy products, even when I caught colds, I didn't get thick nasal congestion. I recently had a sinus infection (my first one in 3 years since abstaining from dairy), but did NOT have all that phlegm and post nasal drip stuff, just sinus headaches and bloody nose symptoms. During allergy seasons, I occasionally sneeze, but nothing else. Since I abstained from dairy all my sinus congestion symptoms disappeared and constipation finally resolved (with additional HCl capsules).

Your milk sensitivity symptoms may differ from your gluten intolerance symptoms. Perhaps your milk sensitivity symptoms have been attributed to another 'disorder'. My chronic 'mold, dust and hay fever' allergy symptoms completely disappeared after I eliminated milk from my diet.

BURDEE

Gluten, dairy, soy, egg, cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg free. Enterolab diagnosed gluten/casein intolerant 7/04; soy intolerant 8/07. ELISA test diagnosed egg/cane sugar IgG allergies 8/06; vanilla/nutmeg 8/06. 2006-10 diagnosed by DNA Microbial stool tests and successfully treated: Klebsiella, Enterobacter Cloaecae, Cryptosporidia, Candida, C-diff, Achromobacter, H. Pylori and Dientamoeba Fragilis. 6/10 Heidelberg capsule test diagnosed hypochloridia. Vitamin D deficiency, hypothyroiditis, hypochloridia and low white blood cells caused vulnerability to infections. I now take Betaine HCl, probiotics, Vitamin D and T3 thyroid supplement to maintain immunity.

I've been wondering what this result *truly* means, also. My dd had a casein IgA of 21 on the Enterolab test....not that high, but she really did respond well when I took her off casein. I've read differing accounts of whether or not this is a permanent thing. Some say it's a cross-sensitivity that may clear up when the gluten sensitivity is no longer stimulated; others say it's for life. I guess we'll just go by my dd's dietary response. Like you, I'm limiting soy. Dd gets a little a couple of times a week (Tofutti, mainly - it was hard for her to give up dairy ice cream.) I've heard too much about the soy and corn sensitivities cropping after going gluten-free....so I'm trying to rotate and limit them as much as possible.

Rho

I've been wondering what this result *truly* means, also. My dd had a casein IgA of 21 on the Enterolab test....not that high, but she really did respond well when I took her off casein. I've read differing accounts of whether or not this is a permanent thing. Some say it's a cross-sensitivity that may clear up when the gluten sensitivity is no longer stimulated; others say it's for life. I guess we'll just go by my dd's dietary response. Like you, I'm limiting soy. Dd gets a little a couple of times a week (Tofutti, mainly - it was hard for her to give up dairy ice cream.) I've heard too much about the soy and corn sensitivities cropping after going gluten-free....so I'm trying to rotate and limit them as much as possible.

Rho

My son has taken to sorbet....I like it too you might wanna try it...it's mainly fruit and ice depending on the brand (might have some corn syrup in it??). No soy, no dairy and no gluten in it.

Janel (me): gluten-free since 4/10/07; casien free 5/1/07;soy light 10/07

**LOST 35 lbs since April 2007(much needed weight loss)**

ds(6 yrs)- gluten-free since 3/19/07; casein free 5/2/07;soy free 10/07

HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 7,7)

new dx= Hirschsprungs Disease w/cecostomy

the non believers, only allergen free eatting at home because they have to be:

Hubby: refuses to eat Gluten-free Casein-free except for dinner

dd(14 yrs)- refuses to go along with any special dietary retrictions *I suspect dairy/wheat intollerant*