Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ItchyMeredith

Gluten Free Vegetarian

If anyone knows of any books or sites for gluten free vegetarians it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Meredith

DH positive skin biopsy June 2007

Blood test positive July 2007

Gluten Free- since 6-23-07

Vegetarian since 1991

Stay-at-home Mommy to:

Kellen 2-05

Cameron 10-06

Scarlett 5-09

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

so I'm *totally* lazy, but a search on Google for "gluten free vegetarian" turns up a lot of hits for both.

:D

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

There's also a Yahoo group for gluten-free vegetarians. They share tips and recipes. Go to Yahoo groups and search on "gluten-free vegetarian".

There's also a Yahoo group for gluten-free vegetarians. They share tips and recipes. Go to Yahoo groups and search on "gluten-free vegetarian".

OMG Thank you so much!!!!!

DH positive skin biopsy June 2007

Blood test positive July 2007

Gluten Free- since 6-23-07

Vegetarian since 1991

Stay-at-home Mommy to:

Kellen 2-05

Cameron 10-06

Scarlett 5-09

Hey Meredith!

I'm a vegan and gluten free, too. I have almost every cookbook from Joanne Stephaniak and Bryanna Clark-Grogan (both vegan authors). Many of their recipes are gluten-free, or at least they have a gluten-free option (as well as soy/corn-free - and of course all recipes are dairy-free).

Furthermore, the recipes are low in fat - and really tasty!

These books are some of my favorites:

"Ultimate uncheese cookbook" - by Joanne

"The (almost) no fat cookbook" - by Bryanna

"20 minutes to dinner" - by Bryanna

*you can search inside the books on www.amazon .com

Jo Stephaniak and two others have written this book: "Food Allergy Survival Guide" with lots of information...

Also take a look at these websites:

Bryanna's official site (take a look at the "Free Recipe Archive")

Bryann's food blog - great recipes!

Recipezaar: gluten-free + Vegan recipes (575 recipes)

Recipezaar: gluten-free + vegetarian recipes (1,468 recipes)

Gluten-free vegan recipes - from fatfreevegan.com

The gluten-free vegan blog

Gluten-free Goddess's blog

Hope this helps!

Best wishes,

Mia

If anyone knows of any books or sites for gluten free vegetarians it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Meredith

I found a great gluten-free vegetarian cookbook at a kitchen store called Peppercorn on Pearl Street in Boulder, CO. I haven't seen it anywhere else. It is called "The Gluten-Free Vegetarian Kitchen" by Donna Klein. It is one of the best that I have seen---practical dishes that are very simple but tasty. I am not sure if you can order it from a bookstore but you might be able to call Peppercorn and see if they can ship you out a copy. It's worth it! Good luck!

Penny

Diagnosed 5/31/07

B)

Guest Aziah

Thanks

Meredith

We are gluten, soy, and dairy free and found a book called The Vegan Lunchbox http://www.veganlunchbox.com/ has a lot of recipes that are already gluten free, and the ones that are not can easily be substituted with gluten-free products (like bread or pizza dough). I highly recommend it. She also has a blog here: http://veganlunchbox.blogspot.com/

Another PHENOMINAL vegetarian website is here: http://www.101cookbooks.com/ She has a gluten-free section, but again, even gluten recipes can usually be substituted with gluten-free products! This is by far my fav website :0)