Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hammondtam

My 2 Year Old's Blood Tests Are Back

Okay so I don't know if you remember I said last week that my daughter got tested for Celiac and thyroid and a few other things.... well I received a call yesterday with the results for her blood tests and her stool sample.... my poor baby has salmonella!!!!! :(

They told me to put her on the BRAT diet for 48 hours to see what happens.... I am so worried I read yesterday online all the bad things that can happen from getting salmonella..... Do any of you have any recommendations, or any advice on what to do about it....

She is only two and she is a very good talker, but it hard for her to communicate what hurts.... know what I mean?..... i mean if you ask her if her stomach hurts she will say yes..... but you don't know if that is true, or if she just wants medicine.....

Ashley

Diagnosed Celiac Sprue Oct. 06

Gluten Free Oct. 06

Positive Changes with going Gluten Free

DD 11/2/04 Tested for Celiac 6/21/07, Results not in yet

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Does she still have D? If so, keep her very well hydrated. Use whatever clear liquid she wants--popsicles, jello-o, weak tea. Dehydration for a little one can be very serious. When she's over the D you'll need to reestablish her intestinal flora with yougurt. If it's been going on a while she might benefit from the lacto bacillius pearls you can get.

My husband got salmonella and was hospitalized for seven days. It was very serious and it took him a long time to get back his strength. Little kids are alot tougher and seem to bounce back quicker. I'm sure she'll recover quickly with lots of fluids, rest and mommy's kisses!