Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

a1sacch

I've Been Glutened

Just looking for some sympathy.

Im at work and the past three days have been horrible. Im running to the bathroom every half an hour. I have no idea what it is, ive introduced two new things into my diet this week. A new cheese and a new cereal. I stopped eating the cheese, but im still getting sick. The cereal is gluten-free, is says so on the box.

i suppose im just looking for some sympathy, its not something I can talk to my co-workers about, im still new.

Sometimes I think though, that if other people experienced the pain and discomfort we did, they wouldnt even leave bed, let alone go to work and just deal...

gluten free since 05/04

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

What cereal is it?

Diary free 11/06-6/08

Now using a small amount of low-lactose dairy such as aged cheeses and yogurt. Yum!

Gluten-free since 4/07

"When you row another person across the river, you get there yourself."

- Fortune Cookie

Sorry to hear that you are feeling so badly. :(

Is it possible to take a sick day when you feel like this?

How long have you been gluten free?

I found that after going gluten free I also had to go dairy free. :( I once loved cheese. :lol:

I have problems with processed products and have found that a gluten free label does not make it safe for me to eat.

A family with Celiac disease, two brothers and two sisters.

Lyme Disease, Diagnosis October 19, 2006

May 2006 - December 2008 Gluten and Dairy Free

December 2008, while seeing improvement on the gluten free diet, I did not recover and so in December of 2008 began the SCD and now have hope for recovery.

Sorry to hear that you are feeling so badly. :(

Is it possible to take a sick day when you feel like this?

How long have you been gluten free?

I found that after going gluten free I also had to go dairy free. :( I once loved cheese. :lol:

I have problems with processed products and have found that a gluten free label does not make it safe for me to eat.

thanks for the sympathy.

I suppose I could take a sick day, but Im an intern for the summer, and I'm only here for 8 weeks, so I kind of feel bad just leaving

I've been gluten free for a little over 3 years.

this is really atypical for me.

I don't eat much dairy-i was REALLY lactose intolerant as a child, but I mostly grew out of it. I only eat yogurt and the occasional cheese on a sandwhich, which doesnt bother me.

Maybe it was the new cheese? Edam is the kind. maybe the wax on the rind?

gluten free since 05/04

I eat Nature's Path Honey'd cornflakes on a regular basis and have never had a problem with them. Now, if I eat them with regular milk, it is almost like a gluten reaction. Bad diarrea, smelly gas, bloating the whole nine yards, so I eat them with Pacific Foods vanilla flavored almond milk.

Just last week I attempted to add dairy back, in a small amount (the amount used to batter a fried catfish) and it was leathal! (Good thing DH was out of town) Cheese, just depends, small amounts I don't have a serious reaction, but large amounts and I am in serious pain.

Maybe it is the milk with the cereal?

Kat.

Sorry your feeling so awful! Hang in there! I'd explain to the boss and take a day down time at least. The stress from working while feeling like that isn't helping I'm sure.

Don't forget to check even things you've eaten for a long while. Sometimes recipes and ingredients change without warning. That includes any regular medicines you take.