This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I've Been Glutened

a1sacch

a1sacch Rookie

Just looking for some sympathy.

Im at work and the past three days have been horrible. Im running to the bathroom every half an hour. I have no idea what it is, ive introduced two new things into my diet this week. A new cheese and a new cereal. I stopped eating the cheese, but im still getting sick. The cereal is gluten-free, is says so on the box.

i suppose im just looking for some sympathy, its not something I can talk to my co-workers about, im still new.

Sometimes I think though, that if other people experienced the pain and discomfort we did, they wouldnt even leave bed, let alone go to work and just deal...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

gfmolly Contributor

What cereal is it?

rinne Apprentice

Sorry to hear that you are feeling so badly. :(

Is it possible to take a sick day when you feel like this?

How long have you been gluten free?

I found that after going gluten free I also had to go dairy free. :( I once loved cheese. :lol:

I have problems with processed products and have found that a gluten free label does not make it safe for me to eat.

a1sacch Rookie
What cereal is it?

Nature's path honeyed corn flakes

a1sacch Rookie
Sorry to hear that you are feeling so badly. :(

Is it possible to take a sick day when you feel like this?

How long have you been gluten free?

I found that after going gluten free I also had to go dairy free. :( I once loved cheese. :lol:

I have problems with processed products and have found that a gluten free label does not make it safe for me to eat.

thanks for the sympathy.

I suppose I could take a sick day, but Im an intern for the summer, and I'm only here for 8 weeks, so I kind of feel bad just leaving

I've been gluten free for a little over 3 years.

this is really atypical for me.

I don't eat much dairy-i was REALLY lactose intolerant as a child, but I mostly grew out of it. I only eat yogurt and the occasional cheese on a sandwhich, which doesnt bother me.

Maybe it was the new cheese? Edam is the kind. maybe the wax on the rind?

zkat Apprentice

I eat Nature's Path Honey'd cornflakes on a regular basis and have never had a problem with them. Now, if I eat them with regular milk, it is almost like a gluten reaction. Bad diarrea, smelly gas, bloating the whole nine yards, so I eat them with Pacific Foods vanilla flavored almond milk.

Just last week I attempted to add dairy back, in a small amount (the amount used to batter a fried catfish) and it was leathal! (Good thing DH was out of town) Cheese, just depends, small amounts I don't have a serious reaction, but large amounts and I am in serious pain.

Maybe it is the milk with the cereal?

Kat.

Rosewynde Rookie

Sorry your feeling so awful! Hang in there! I'd explain to the boss and take a day down time at least. The stress from working while feeling like that isn't helping I'm sure.

Don't forget to check even things you've eaten for a long while. Sometimes recipes and ingredients change without warning. That includes any regular medicines you take.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived