This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

A New Weight Loss Support/accountability Thread

lonewolf

Joni63 Collaborator
I weighed in today at 162-1/2. Still have a long way to go, but at least I'm down a pound since last week.

I'll be too busy to post for several days. Tomorrow I'll be doing some cooking and freezing meals for my busy fall and then we're going to the beach on Sunday and Monday. School starts on Tuesday and I'll be back in the grind - working, carpooling, running to sports practices and games...

Have a great weekend everyone!

Forgot to post it yesterday, but I weighed 135.2.

Don't want to post what I ate the past 2 days because I ran around with kids 2 for school shoppping and errands and I wasn't too well prepared. I ate a lot of Black Bear potato salad, NOT good~! Is it cheating not to post because I know I did bad? LOL!

I'll be back to the grind Wednesday so I know how you feel. School, dance 2Xweek for daughter, soccer (and I coach) my son, and boy scouts and girl scouts (I'm the leader). I hope I have the energy to do all this! Oh, and hubby works 2pm - 10pm so no help there!

Oh where, oh where are my vitamins... :blink:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply
little d Enthusiast

Hi Ya'll

I know that I have been away, with no computer at home and did not go to the library, so I have not been on here since last wednseday/thursday while I was working. I did ok on my diet until Saturday, here are my meals.

Thursday, well ok I can't remember as of right now my diet journal is at home, so we will go with Saturday

B-

2 turkey bacon

reg milk

coffee

D- Stuffed backed potato with Turkey bacon, turkey meat, onion, cheese, sour cream

DDP

Sunday

B- egg, left over potato breakfest burrito (brown rice tortilla)

Reg milk

D- 3 slices of Pizza (I won't say what kind)

DDP

Monday

B- 2 gluten-free toast with cinnimon and sugar

reg milk (I don't think that I can handle this yet)

D- Backed porkchop with cornmeal

Left over potato stuff

DDP

Tuesday

B- Rice with butter and sugar for flavor

D- Dora Explorer stars ceral with Lactiad milk (my tummy likes this milk a lot better)

and my dinner for tonight at work will be

Tuna cassarole on gluten-free sandwich and rice crakers for the rest

Yoplia yogert strawberry chees cake gluten-free

and DDP

I will weigh myself tonight since I missed last friday.

donna

Jestgar Rising Star

Mmmm, pound of Brie over the weekend.

Owwww, unpleasant Tuesday!

Back to veggies and fruit, although I did go out for curry last night. A few tummy pains, but it was worth it :)

Mango04 Enthusiast

Hmm..okay, so yesterday:

nectarine

almonds

dried cranberries

Whole Foods red lentil salad

cup of Whole Foods chicken rice soup

pistachios

a few bites of dark chocolate

some Trader Joe's veggie flax chips with slices of heirloom tomato and avocado (<---good, btw LOL)

hmpf well at least the day didn't involve bread or potato chips or anything :rolleyes:

The weekend was way worse...there were lots of chips involved :ph34r:<_< . I'll try to be good for the rest of the week. :rolleyes:

little d Enthusiast

OK so I weighed myself last night and I am still at 151lbs the scale at work no telling what other scales will say. On top of what I ate last night for dinner here at work I also had 3 baby pickells with my sandwhich and shelled sunflower seeds.

Today

diet pepsi

gluten-free sandwhich with ham and cheese

1/2 fruit punch vitiman water

for dinner here at work no telling I was busy before I got ready for work and I am just about out of food for myself, Payday is Friday and I will be going shopping.

donna

lonewolf Collaborator

Hi everyone. I've been doing great, except for on Monday, which was my birthday.

Today:

B - 3 small chicken sausages

L - Spinach salad with turkey and balsamic vinaigrette, carrot sticks, orange juice

S - 1/2 turkey sandwich on gluten-free hotdog bun

D - Chicken cooked in barbecue sauce, spinach salad with Italian dressing, carrot sticks, corn

Today was the first day of school for me, so I got lots of exercise teaching PE.

little d Enthusiast
Hi everyone. I've been doing great, except for on Monday, which was my birthday.

Today:

B - 3 small chicken sausages

L - Spinach salad with turkey and balsamic vinaigrette, carrot sticks, orange juice

S - 1/2 turkey sandwich on gluten-free hotdog bun

D - Chicken cooked in barbecue sauce, spinach salad with Italian dressing, carrot sticks, corn

Today was the first day of school for me, so I got lots of exercise teaching PE.

Liz you are making me hungry with your food menu, I wish that I had these choices hear at work, I did not have time to get my lunch together, plus I really don't a lot of food at home that I can eat. I just usually get for the week but I did get food last week except for bread which I have enough for 2 more sandwiches some cereal. And I get paid friday so I'm shopping. I did bring my own salad dressing if all I am able to eat is salad. If we have chicken here sometimes I can get lucky and it might not have any kind of sauce on it, veggies you never know on those, sometimes they are tasty and other times they are nasty, hard and down right disgusting.

donna

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

little d Enthusiast

Hi all

I managed to find something decent to eat as decent as I could find for hostpital food

Salad with sunflower seeds gluten-free salad Ranch dressing

2 baby pickells

3 celery sticks with cream cheese

cornbread with honey

gluten-free Yopliet Yogert strawberry cheese cake

D DP

donna

Mango04 Enthusiast

Okay so yesterday:

B - almonds and dried cranberries

L - butter lettuce with red pepper, broccoli and chicken breast (dressing-free b/c my dressing container got stuck shut somehow :huh: )

S - some corn chips with avocado and heirloom tomato :ph34r: (I really wish I lived in a chip-free house LOL)

D - small bowl of Tinkyada with marinara sauce and chicken

Today:

It's 9:12 AM here and I've already eaten some dark chocolate, some Nutty Flax cereal with rice milk and a Corn Thin with peanut butter. :ph34r: For the rest of the work day I have bell peppers, grapes, almonds and more chocolate :ph34r:

Joni63 Collaborator
Okay so yesterday:

B - almonds and dried cranberries

L - butter lettuce with red pepper, broccoli and chicken breast (dressing-free b/c my dressing container got stuck shut somehow :huh: )

S - some corn chips with avocado and heirloom tomato :ph34r: (I really wish I lived in a chip-free house LOL)

D - small bowl of Tinkyada with marinara sauce and chicken

Today:

It's 9:12 AM here and I've already eaten some dark chocolate, some Nutty Flax cereal with rice milk and a Corn Thin with peanut butter. :ph34r: For the rest of the work day I have bell peppers, grapes, almonds and more chocolate :ph34r:

LOL Mango04, I love my chocolate too! I've been so careful, but today I had a chocolate bar.

I've been pretty good overall and I don't believe in total deprivation, just moderation! ;)

Last 3 days:

Tuesday: B Perky's, soymilk glax seed, 1/2 banana

S 10 rice cracker with Garbanzo bean dip (really good, mom made it!), apple sauce

L Turkey breast sandwich on flax bread, 10 baby carrots, 1/2 oz mixed nuts

D baked potato, 1/2 small chili from Wendy's, 1 small peach

S More rice crackers and bean dip!!!

Exercise: Went waveboarding with kids for 2 hours and had so MUCH FUN! I am sore!

Wednesday: B 2 pancakes, 1 banana, soy milk

S 1/2 bowl chili, Broccoli caserole 1/2 cup

L 10 rice crackers, 1 bowl Thai Kitchen soup

D 1 small Glutino pizza (homemade)

Exercie: 3 mile jog

Thursday: WARNING I'm hungry and homonal today! :huh:

B Gorilla munch cereal, soy milk, banana

S Broccoli casserole (1 cup), Potatoes au gratin (3/4 cup)

L 1 Whole Small fried eggplant and 5 ginger cookies

S 1 Chocolate Candy Bar

D 1 Taco, 1 ear of corn. 1 kiwi

Exercise: 1 hour yoga

lonewolf Collaborator

I did horrible today. I'm hormonal, sad (my aunt is dying of cancer - not expected to make it through the weekend) and stressed with it being the first week of school and trying to get everything ready for my daughter's big 16th birthday party tomorrow night. I had the day off and spent it baking and preparing.

B - 2 chicken sausages

S - several taste tests of brownies for the party, several taste tests of carrot cake

L - spinach salad with turkey and balsamic vinaigrette, raisins

S - several handfuls of trail mix and dried fruit mix

D - chili lime chicken burger (Trader Joe's), ketchup, carrot sticks, and more chips than I'd like to admit

confusedks Enthusiast

So I have been reading this thread, and now I THINK I am ready to jump in! I got on the scale today and would like to lose about 5-10 lbs...stupid BCP's!! Lol. Today I had:

B- Quinoa flakes with mandarin oranges and sliced banana with brown sugar (I'm going to try sweetening it with unsweetened apple sauce instead in the future).

L- Burrito; brown rice tortilla with steak, rice, beans and avocado...YUMM! Banana, carrot sticks and yellow bell pepper with hummus

D- Chips (I wish we had a chip-free house too...lol) with spaghetti sauce. 2 bowls of friggin' Gorilla Munch and Hemp Milk

S1- Gorilla Munch

S2- skittles...I wish I didn't like sugar!

S3- Ice Cream (Rice Divine and now I remember why I don't eat tree nuts or soy! I feel terrible!!! Migraine headache...so now I have an aversion to those things...which is good because now I won't crave them!) I think that's all, and tomorrow with be way better!

I have packed my lunch for tomorrow and I'm trying to "commit" to my foods so I know exactly what I am going to eat so I am not tempted to eat things like Ice Cream when I'm really hungry and need to eat. It would be better to have snacks prepared the night before and ready to eat in the fridge. We'll see how it goes tomorrow!

Kassandra

little d Enthusiast
So I have been reading this thread, and now I THINK I am ready to jump in! I got on the scale today and would like to lose about 5-10 lbs...stupid BCP's!! Lol. Today I had:

B- Quinoa flakes with mandarin oranges and sliced banana with brown sugar (I'm going to try sweetening it with unsweetened apple sauce instead in the future).

L- Burrito; brown rice tortilla with steak, rice, beans and avocado...YUMM! Banana, carrot sticks and yellow bell pepper with hummus

D- Chips (I wish we had a chip-free house too...lol) with spaghetti sauce. 2 bowls of friggin' Gorilla Munch and Hemp Milk

S1- Gorilla Munch

S2- skittles...I wish I didn't like sugar!

S3- Ice Cream (Rice Divine and now I remember why I don't eat tree nuts or soy! I feel terrible!!! Migraine headache...so now I have an aversion to those things...which is good because now I won't crave them!) I think that's all, and tomorrow with be way better!

I have packed my lunch for tomorrow and I'm trying to "commit" to my foods so I know exactly what I am going to eat so I am not tempted to eat things like Ice Cream when I'm really hungry and need to eat. It would be better to have snacks prepared the night before and ready to eat in the fridge. We'll see how it goes tomorrow!

Kassandra

HI Kassandra

I too am trying to "commit" to my food, at work you never know what is going to be put into the slop line, so I have been pretty faithful well kind of anyway to take my lunch with me. I am not much for sweets I only have a few that I just love. My husband and Daughter love it enough for me. My weekness is breads but with Gluten free it is hard for me to get my breads because of the taste, I love the kinninnick breads I tried the brown bread and not too crazy about that one but it is a trial and error with this diet.

Liz ((((((((HHHHHHUUUUUUGGGGGGSSSSSSSS)))))))))))))))))

I am sorry that your aunt may not make it through the weekend but she will not be suffering any longer. My Daughter (she is 8) and I will keep you and your family in our prayers this weekend. Hopfully your daughter will a great birthday party. 16 oh no you have a new driver on the road, I am not looking forward to that day. I have not been too hormonal on things that she has done like starting school, loosing her teeth, but turning 16 I think that I just might.

Ok so since I did not take my lunch to work the other night here is what I wound up eating :lol:

Salad with shelled sunflower seeds, my own gluten-free dressing

2 pickells

3 ceralery sticks with cream cheese

cornbread with honey

Yopleit yogert strawberry cheesecake gluten free is on the back of it

Thursday

up at 12pm my daughter was sick so my inlaws had my daughter so I could sleep

coffee at 4pm

D -Chicken, rice, pea mixture I guess kind of like Rice pilof I think, I didnt have anything else since food shopping is Friday day.

Friday Shopping :D:D

B - coffee

Dora cinnimon stars ceral with milk

Have not a clue as to what is for dinner

I will catch everybody later

donna

Joni63 Collaborator

Hello everyone,

I weighed in at 133.2 today, that's a 2 lb. loss this week! Wohoo!

I jogged today and moved well over 100 bales of hay - twice! My horse will be happy this winter, but I am already sore. It took most of the day. :blink:

B: Gorilla munch, soy milk, flax seed

S: 1 banana with peanut butter

L: 1 cup brocolli casserole, 10 rice crackers with 1/2 can chicken salad

S: I Hersheys chocolate bar

D: Gluten free pasta, sauce, 1 sausage and a salad

Snack? Don't know yet, but maybe ice cream, banana and chocolate syrup, or 10 rice crackers and the rest of the chicken salad. I know which one sounds better...

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Mango04 Enthusiast

I'm enjoying reading about everyone's meals. You guys have a good variety of healthy stuff going on these days. It's giving me lots of ideas. I think I need to go to Trader's later to try and find those chili lime chicken burgers Liz mentioned.

LOL Mango04, I love my chocolate too! I've been so careful, but today I had a chocolate bar.

Ha I'm just proud that the chocolate bar I started (at 8am yesterday) isn't gone yet. :lol: I'm sure it will be by the end of the day :ph34r: (It's huge too - Green and Blacks 70% dark - yum! :D )

Okay so today so far:

more of my chocolate bar lol

two Corn Thins with peanut butter

sliced almonds and raisins

butter leaf lettuce with red onion, cucumber and grilled halibut

it's only 1:15 so...we'll see how the rest of the day goes.

Hope everyone has a happy weekend :D

lonewolf Collaborator

Hi all. My aunt died this morning, so I'm heading to N. Carolina tomorrow. I'm madly trying to get ready for the party, so this will be short. It seems like something always happens during the first two weeks of school for me. Luckily, I job-share and I only have to miss one full day of work. My teaching partner will cover for me and I'll "pay her back" when she goes to New York next month.

No time to post food today - I've done well except for taste-testig the cupcakes that I made during my lunch break. (Luckily I had some extra time in the day since I haven't started intramurals and recess clubs and was able to come home. I only live 5 minutes away from my school.)

I'm sure that I will lose weight while I'm gone since I don't have time to pack any gluten-free food and there won't be much time to go to the health food store while I'm there. Thank goodness I like salad!

jerseyangel Proficient

Liz,

I'm so sorry about your aunt.

Have a safe trip, and we'll see you when you get back.

Joni63 Collaborator

Sorry to hear about your aunt.

Beth41777 Rookie

Haven't been on in awhile, hope everyone is doing great. Started back with nursing school so between that and working I am crazy, have not exercised, eating pretty crappy... and feeling crappy too! So the plan is to start tonight making some food ahead of time I can freeze so I make sure to stick to my gluten free diet, ( working 12 hour shifts I need to pack a serious breakfast / lunch / dinner) and I need to get to the grocery store to get some healthy snacks and some fruits and vegetables in my house, and avoid buying junk food, since that is all I eat. And I am going to start doing 30 minutes of exercise every day, even if it kills me! (I gained back the 5 pounds I lost initially after going gluten free!) BTW... I discovered I was eating gluten which was secretly hiding in my syrup!!! I am still getting used to all this, and it is a little frustrating : ) Beth

little d Enthusiast

Liz, I sorry your aunt passed, you and your family will be in our prayers. Your aunt is no longer suffering, and she is in a good place.

It is good that you have a teaching partner to help you out.

little d Enthusiast
HI Kassandra

I too am trying to "commit" to my food, at work you never know what is going to be put into the slop line, so I have been pretty faithful well kind of anyway to take my lunch with me. I am not much for sweets I only have a few that I just love. My husband and Daughter love it enough for me. My weekness is breads but with Gluten free it is hard for me to get my breads because of the taste, I love the kinninnick breads I tried the brown bread and not too crazy about that one but it is a trial and error with this diet.

Liz ((((((((HHHHHHUUUUUUGGGGGGSSSSSSSS)))))))))))))))))

I am sorry that your aunt may not make it through the weekend but she will not be suffering any longer. My Daughter (she is 8) and I will keep you and your family in our prayers this weekend. Hopfully your daughter will a great birthday party. 16 oh no you have a new driver on the road, I am not looking forward to that day. I have not been too hormonal on things that she has done like starting school, loosing her teeth, but turning 16 I think that I just might.

Ok so since I did not take my lunch to work the other night here is what I wound up eating :lol:

Salad with shelled sunflower seeds, my own gluten-free dressing

2 pickells

3 ceralery sticks with cream cheese

cornbread with honey

Yopleit yogert strawberry cheesecake gluten free is on the back of it

Thursday

up at 12pm my daughter was sick so my inlaws had my daughter so I could sleep

coffee at 4pm

D -Chicken, rice, pea mixture I guess kind of like Rice pilof I think, I didnt have anything else since food shopping is Friday day.

Friday Shopping :D:D

B - coffee

Dora cinnimon stars ceral with milk

Have not a clue as to what is for dinner

I will catch everybody later

donna

Ok so Friday night

coffee

D was gluten-free Sandwich, with Ham and cheese

DDP

Saturday

B- gluten-free French Toast

Lactiad Milk

coffee

D- Grilled chicken, shrimp scewers from Don Pablos

rice and beans

chips and Salsa (the salsa I had a reaction to almost immediatly I am guessing that it was the tomatos)

D Coke

Sunday

B - gluten-free 2 Toast

Milk

coffee

D- gluten-free sloppy joe on gluten-free Bread (the can of sloppy joes came from Walmart and said Gluten free on the can)

DDp x2

working ate at 11:30pm

water

chicken Nachos from Taco Cabana (so far so good)

DDP

fruit Punch vitamin water

I still weight 151 lbs

I need to work harder on losing the weight, but I will get plenty of exersice in the next fee weeks because we are moving into a 2 story town home and I will have start walking the dog more and going up and down stairs will get me moving.

donna

Beth41777 Rookie

Hi Liz, so sorry to hear about your aunt's passing. Hope your trip to beautiful N. Carolina is / was safe, and you didn't starve! (I wish I liked salad more than I do!) Take care, Beth

Beth41777 Rookie

Donna, those yoplait (yay! gluten free!) yogurts are excellent frozen. I keep them in the freezer when I buy them (orange cream or strawbery or whatever flavor you prefer) and then bring one to work and throw it in the fridge, eating it on my first break when it is thawed enough to eat... yum. Beth

little d Enthusiast
Donna, those yoplait (yay! gluten free!) yogurts are excellent frozen. I keep them in the freezer when I buy them (orange cream or strawbery or whatever flavor you prefer) and then bring one to work and throw it in the fridge, eating it on my first break when it is thawed enough to eat... yum. Beth

Yessssss!!!!!!!!!

I was estatic when I saw these while shopping one day, My daughter was with me and she could not understand why I was estatic about food. But you have to look at all yogurts because not all say gluten free on the back the ones that say digestive health Reddish, pink lables seem to have the gluten-free on the back.

Tuesday

L - Egg, Cheese, ham on gluten-free English Muffin, I ate this after I gave blood (plasma)

Fruit Punch Vitimin water

D - chicken fajita salad with gluten-free salad dressing

DDP

I gave Plasma yesterday morning without eating breakfest I knew better, doing this was almost as bad as eating regular food. THis was my first time to give Plasma, blood I have given before so I knew better to eat and I told them that I did eat, I was there I did not want to eat out of their machine, so yes I lied :angry: having my stomach upset all day waiting so long to eat and giving plasma really learned my lesson, that is what I get for lying.

Wednesday

B- gluten-free toast

Milk

coffee

I am working tonight so I have not a clue as to what I am going to have. I'm hopping that I will be able to get on later at work if not too busy.

donna

Mango04 Enthusiast

I think I should post here today - I'm trying to have a good week...

Yesterday -

B - Perky's flax cereal with raisins and hemp milk

L - Spinach, pecan and garbanzo bean salad (with acv, olive oil and sea salt)

and a small cup Whole Foods chicken rice soup

S - dried cranberries, some rice chips with hummus

D - spinach, red onion, cauliflower, tomato, garbanzo beans, acv, olive oil and sea salt

Today -

B - same as yesterday

L - spinach, red onion, cauliflower, pecans, Sunshine veggie burger patty with some Parma, olive oil and acv

S - dried cranberries and some rice chips

Gotta get to yoga tonight and try to eat some protein :rolleyes:

Archived