Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

confusedks

What Are Your Needs?

I just am interested in what people are looking for when they go to a support group. If you wouldn't mind just giving me a brief "tidbit" of info on your needs, that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Kassandra <3

Dairy/Casein Free- March 2007

Gluten Free- May 2007

Soy Free- August 2007

Sugar Free- January 2008

Starch Free- January 2008

Egg Free (again!)- February 2008

Sulfur Free- May 2008

Dx'd Lyme Disease and co-infections- December 2007

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I just am interested in what people are looking for when they go to a support group. If you wouldn't mind just giving me a brief "tidbit" of info on your needs, that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Kassandra <3

I first went to our local group to get my Mom to go because I didn't expect to get much out of it. Why I keep going is the information I get about products, new medical studies, info about what the government is doing, info about conventions and so forth. We get free samples of gluten free cake from a local cake chef (my office crew got me one for my BD this year). We get handouts summarizing the info because it's too much to absorb. We have restaurant reviews and instruction on how to eat out gluten-free successfully.

And we usually have a speaker, sometimes a doctor, sometimes it someone from the Celiac community. We had Rita Sturzbecher from the The Little Aussie Bakery and Caf

Karen B.

diagnosed with Celiac Nov. 2003

Thank you for your response! I appreciate it!

Kassandra

Dairy/Casein Free- March 2007

Gluten Free- May 2007

Soy Free- August 2007

Sugar Free- January 2008

Starch Free- January 2008

Egg Free (again!)- February 2008

Sulfur Free- May 2008

Dx'd Lyme Disease and co-infections- December 2007