Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pellegrino

Living Without And/or Gluten Free Living

I was diagnosed with celiac disease a month ago and am thinking about subscribing to Living Without and/or Gluten Free Living magazine.

Does anyone read these? Are there a lot of recipes included in them? Would you recommend one over the other?

I had delayed food sensitivity testing done and am supposed to be avoiding quite a few foods. That and I'm contemplating going on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet to heal my gut, since I'm still experiencing symptoms after being gluten free for over a month. So I thought Living Without might be a good choice.

Both magazines are kind of pricey, at $6-7 an issue, but I'm thinking it might be a good investment for at least a year, while I'm getting used to this whole process.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I've never read Gluten-Free Living, but I really like Living Without. It includes really great recipes and articles. I was actually just thinking I wish I had remembered to pick it up at Whole Foods yesterday...

"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates

I've never read Gluten-Free Living, but I really like Living Without. It includes really great recipes and articles. I was actually just thinking I wish I had remembered to pick it up at Whole Foods yesterday...

Oh wow, I shop at Whole Foods a lot now. I checked for both of these magazines at Borders, but didn't find them. I never thought to check Whole Foods though, I'll do that next time I go. Thanks!

I had a subscription to Gluten free living. I recieved 2 issues out of the 4 I payed for, then after I got the second issue they sent me a card asking me to sign up for another 4 issues. The subscription was some where around $40 bucks and I can say it was so not worth it.

I tried to get my missing issues and they never got back to me.

I love living without, great mag.

I like Living Without very much. Good articles and always a bunch of recipes.

I pick it up at Whole Foods--I'm hoping the new issue is available this weekend.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

I get Living Without and I love it!!! I've heard nothing but bad things about Gluten Free Living , though I have no personal experience with them.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

I subscribe to both. Living Without is great. Gluten Free Living has some good articles but it has way more ads and less info than Living Without. If you can only get one, go with Living Without.

And yes, I have had to e-nag Gluten Free Living a time or two. OTOH, when Living Without screwed up and sent me two copies, they just told me to pass on the extra.

Karen B.

diagnosed with Celiac Nov. 2003

I get Living Without. It is cheaper if you subscribe to it rather than purchase in the stores. I've never heard of Gluten Free Living though until now. I also get Celiac.com's Scott-Free Newsletter. It has really good articles in it.

~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children