Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

emorgan1985

Nausea...help!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

When I get nausea, I eat peppermint, which helps. You can also drink peppermint tea.

Some people swear by ginger, too--eating ginger, drinking ginger tea, or flat ginger ale. I've never tried these things, but it helps some people.

Pepto Bismal (liquid) also helps some people, too--I was just never one of those people.

I hope the nausea goes away soon--I hate being nauseous!

*Julie*

Gluten free since December 2004

Soy free since June 2005

Dairy free since July 2006

When I get nausea, I eat peppermint, which helps. You can also drink peppermint tea.

Some people swear by ginger, too--eating ginger, drinking ginger tea, or flat ginger ale. I've never tried these things, but it helps some people.

Pepto Bismal (liquid) also helps some people, too--I was just never one of those people.

I hope the nausea goes away soon--I hate being nauseous!

Thanks! I'll have to try that....it's the worst feeling! Then again maybe anything could be the worst thing if it's happening to you at that moment :D The ginger thing doesn't work for me and don't even get me started on Pepto! haha.

Just wanted to say that my fiancee found some relief from nausea by sucking on something cold. We usually froze Pedialyte into ice cubes and then crushed them up a bit. Not sure why it worked but it really helped to keep her from throwing up sometimes.

If you're really nauseated, you could always try prescription anti-nausea meds. When my fiancee was really sick her doctor prescribed a combo of Zofran and Reglan that was VERY effective. They had some weird side effects (nightmares, agitation, etc.) but honestly it was worth it.

I hope you can find something that helps,

Ryan

Sounds a lot like gas pressure with the distended stomach and you said the nausea feeling in throat. I know my husband and one of my daughters have problems with gas causing nausea too. If it is gas, something mild to relieve it might help like Gas X. I'd find out what is causing the problem for sure and/or see a doc about it if it keeps up. I use de-fizzed lemon lime soda or ginger ale when I'm feeling sick to my stomach.

Zofran works really well! I just took some myself and I'm waiting for it to kick in. It can be really expensive if insurance doesn't cover. Mine did, but the copay was $56-which for me...well I was just happy it wasn't $500!

Kassandra

Dairy/Casein Free- March 2007

Gluten Free- May 2007

Soy Free- August 2007

Sugar Free- January 2008

Starch Free- January 2008

Egg Free (again!)- February 2008

Sulfur Free- May 2008

Dx'd Lyme Disease and co-infections- December 2007

Try a health food store preparation of DGL (a form of licorice). I get mine in powder form from Beyond a Century. Really has helped with nausea and is very soothing and healing to the stomach lining.

4/2007 Positive IGA, TTG Enterolab results, with severe malabsorption: Two DQ2 celiac genes--highest possible risk.

gluten-free since 4/22/07; SF since 7/07; 3/08 & 7/08 high sugar levels in stool (i.e. cannot break down carbs) digestive enzymes for carbs didn't help; 7/18/08 started SCD as prescribed by my physician (MD).

10/2000 dx LYME disease; 2008 clinical dx CELIAC; Other: hypothyroid, allergies, dupuytrens, high mercury levels

Have you ever been tested for elevated Lipase, I have that issue sometimes and everytime now (have it now Actually) I get checked and its my lipase, which is from the pancreas or leaking in the gut, it causes nausea, distension, tired also and gas. FOr some reason with celiac disease you can get elevated lipase, no one really knows why, but thats what i get.