Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have been wheat free for 2 weeks now the first week I noticed no change except withdrawl I am now starting to feel better its exciting. My question is it seems my throat is sore and my chest seems to burn like my esphogaus is on hurting. Are there two problems maybe gerd or is that my esphogaus healing? This board has really been a source of help to not feel so alone.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have been wheat free for 2 weeks now the first week I noticed no change except withdrawl I am now starting to feel better its exciting. My question is it seems my throat is sore and my chest seems to burn like my esphogaus is on hurting. Are there two problems maybe gerd or is that my esphogaus healing? This board has really been a source of help to not feel so alone.

I had taken Prevacid for 5 years previous to my Celiac diagnosis (haven't needed it since) but I didn't experience burning in my esphogaus even when the doc prescribed the Prevacid. She gave it to me because I complained of a "sour stomach" and it helped that.

Are you taking folic acid and B vitamin supplements? They might help your body heal faster. I know I was deficient in both of these and that's common both for Celiacs and for people that take reflux drugs and anti-acid drugsd like Tums.

Does the burning seem to follow eating any particular food or type of food?

Karen B.

diagnosed with Celiac Nov. 2003

thanks for the reply I will try the folic acid I am not taking anything at this point. I have had my gallbladder removed almost 2 years ago and since then I seem to be getting worse with a lot of foods I can't eat acidy stuff like tomato sauce or fruit like stawberries. If I eat a lot I get a sour stomache and real nauseos I was taking altoids peppermint and realized they were making everything worse. I am seeing a gastro guy but can't get in till 7-26. without the wheat I seem to be less gassy/beloated but I know I am not eating right becasue so many things make me feel bad.

Just out of curiousity... Why only wheat free? Why not completely gluten free? Are you doing an elimination diet due to negative test results?

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Just out of curiousity... Why only wheat free? Why not completely gluten free? Are you doing an elimination diet due to negative test results?

I should have said gluten free I guess my blood test came back negative but allgery test came up positive for wheat buckwheat eggs so at this point its an elimination and so far feel better going gluten free its all very frustrating to me because I tell my dr my symptoms and asked him what I should be doing he said wel try going gluten free its like they don't know what to do with me. I know I don't feel good and I am not a hypochondriac .