Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grantschoep

Gluten Free Beer On Tap! In Colorado

This was so cool. Last week a friend of mine mentioned that the brewer at a CB & Potts( a restaurnt/brewery) had release his own gluten-free beer. Its on tap!

If your in Colorado, its in 555 Zang St., Broomfiled, CO, 80020-1010

http://www.cbpotts.com/FlatIronsMall.php

I just sampled some last night. Didn't make me sick or anything. My friend and I just missed the brewer, so didn't get to chat with him. My friend was a brewer, so thats how he found out. He retired from that, but I still try to talk him into coming out of retirement to make me a new beer...

Anyways, it was pretty good. Really light, a little too sweet. Remind's me of what New Grist tasted like before they added rice to the mix. Its 100% Sorghum.

I didn't eat anything, as I wasn't sure of their menu. But I have the brewer's personal email address and am going to thank him, and ask if he can chat with the chef/cooks into coming up with a good "safe" meal additions too.

It was so cool to be able to order a pint at the bar. I did talk to the bartender and mentioned the dangers of cross contamination, so if someone orders it make sure another beer does get in it accidently. I did sit right at the bar where I could see the taps anyways.

Take note, that each CB&Potts has their own brewers, so it would have to be the one in Broomfield. Though, my father in law had called the brewer in Fort Collins and he said he said there was great interest in making one. That was about a year ago, so maybe he new this other brewer.

-grant

"If I start fighting a war... I guarantee you'll see something new" - Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

This was so cool. Last week a friend of mine mentioned that the brewer at a CB & Potts( a restaurnt/brewery) had release his own gluten-free beer. Its on tap!

If your in Colorado, its in 555 Zang St., Broomfiled, CO, 80020-1010

http://www.cbpotts.com/FlatIronsMall.php

I just sampled some last night. Didn't make me sick or anything. My friend and I just missed the brewer, so didn't get to chat with him. My friend was a brewer, so thats how he found out. He retired from that, but I still try to talk him into coming out of retirement to make me a new beer...

Anyways, it was pretty good. Really light, a little too sweet. Remind's me of what New Grist tasted like before they added rice to the mix. Its 100% Sorghum.

I didn't eat anything, as I wasn't sure of their menu. But I have the brewer's personal email address and am going to thank him, and ask if he can chat with the chef/cooks into coming up with a good "safe" meal additions too.

It was so cool to be able to order a pint at the bar. I did talk to the bartender and mentioned the dangers of cross contamination, so if someone orders it make sure another beer does get in it accidently. I did sit right at the bar where I could see the taps anyways.

Take note, that each CB&Potts has their own brewers, so it would have to be the one in Broomfield. Though, my father in law had called the brewer in Fort Collins and he said he said there was great interest in making one. That was about a year ago, so maybe he new this other brewer.

-grant

Hi Grant -

I know this is an old thread, but I was just recently dx and I am a beer man. I love my beer. Actually I am a Coors man so this is a really hard thing for me to deal with. Anyway, I am looking to anything local, and was curious if they still have this beer. The location is really far from my house, but not a terrible drive after work for a few beers to sample. Thre is a location really close to me, so I will stake them out as well, but it;s good to know that there may be some local options.

If you have CVID and have been diagnosed with celiac disease, it's possible you may not have it. Talk to your immunologist.

If you have read any of my restaurant posts, do not follow what I have ordered anywhere as I cannot guarantee it is gluten free.