Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

diamondheart

Update Of Avatar Works On Mac, Not Pc

This is the weirdest thing. I updated my avatar on a Mac computer. I can see it on the Mac, but when I check it on my PC, I can't see it. I then tried loading my new avatar on my PC. I can see that the photo uploaded, but when I check my posts, the new avatar doesn't show up. Any clues?

Claire

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

it's the cookies!

seriously, though, it is. if you clear the history and stored files, you'll see them pop up. (it's referencing an old pic that it's stored on your computer, so it doesn't have to download it every time, for "efficiency".) unfortunately, doing this means that you'll have to sign in to *all* your sites again, if you leave yourself logged in (use the "remember me" option). reload works for some people, but not always. (you could hack through it and find the file in particular to manually delete, but that may be a pain. ;) )

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

Oh thanks. That was it. I had to clear all my cookies as I wasn't sure all the names this site goes by. Anyhoo, it worked!

Claire

I have Windows XP on two machines, and use FireFox as my browser. It is enough for me to click the "reload" button on the tool bar to resolve any "stale" avatars. A visual clue that the image is wrong is if it looks distorted. When the avatar changes, FireFox picks up the new dimensions and then distorts the old image to fit them. :angry:

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007