Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

angel42

Accidental Glutening

I have heard that if you get glutened while you are pregnant you can have a miscarriage. I was wondering how true this was. Should I be afraid to eat out anywhere in case I accidentally get glutened? Should I never go to a dinner party or eat other peoples' food? I have been very worried about this. Please let me know.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have heard that if you get glutened while you are pregnant you can have a miscarriage. I was wondering how true this was. Should I be afraid to eat out anywhere in case I accidentally get glutened? Should I never go to a dinner party or eat other peoples' food? I have been very worried about this. Please let me know.

i heard the same thing...im 7weeks pregnant and i went gluten free one week before getting pregnant...my neighbor is also a celiac and she told me today that she ate gluten with all three of her pregnancies and all that happened was they inherited celiac...so im not too sure but i would like to know as well...

I got glutened at 14 weeks and apart from D & stomach ache was fine (as was baby). last pregancy i ate glten all pregnancy (didnt know) and have a healty toddler :)

Im more careful when eating while im pregnant out but i do still do it occaisionally at trusted places.