Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2ofus2kids2dogs

Survived My Trip - Gluten Free....

Hi everyone. I posted a few weeks ago asking for suggestions of food to take along on a 5 day trip (10 hour car ride each way). The suggestions were fantastic and I made it through the whole trip without getting glutened!!

I packed pepperoni's, string cheese, Glutino pretzels and Mi-Del ginger snaps for the car. I used Wendy's for my fast food safe choice - didn't eat anything I was unsure about. I had fruit, cereal and grits in my room for breakfasts - and made careful dinner choices and talked to the restaurant staff before eating. Things went really well.

I was nervous about it- but feel like this was a great test and that I'm starting to really get a handle on this! I am 9 months gluten free.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Melissa

Hi everyone. I posted a few weeks ago asking for suggestions of food to take along on a 5 day trip (10 hour car ride each way). The suggestions were fantastic and I made it through the whole trip without getting glutened!!

I packed pepperoni's, string cheese, Glutino pretzels and Mi-Del ginger snaps for the car. I used Wendy's for my fast food safe choice - didn't eat anything I was unsure about. I had fruit, cereal and grits in my room for breakfasts - and made careful dinner choices and talked to the restaurant staff before eating. Things went really well.

I was nervous about it- but feel like this was a great test and that I'm starting to really get a handle on this! I am 9 months gluten free.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Melissa

That's great news! It really does get easier.