Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest maybe I have celiac

Alcohol And Gluten

Jim,

I think I'm with ya on giving it up all together, cuz I bought some gluten-free Redbridge for son today and man O man for a 6 of bottles was 8 buck's, so there's no way it is worth this much to feel 'wacky' for a day lol

just had to add my 2 cents

I'am very proud to hear u giving it up tho I was never a drinker, so have no clue if I was having trobles with any alch. but when I was early 20's i did do wine and wans't bad :rolleyes:

Good luck in ur finds !!!!!!

Belinda

Belinda,

Did the Vodka test last weekend, 5 drinks and back where I started, I drank Smirnoff with mixed drinks. Not sure what they put in with the Vodka, but whammmoo, not been feeling so hot for a week. No more alcohol.

Join me for a club soda from now on...

Jim

I have been wondering recently if the opposite has happened to me...I seem to be unable to tollerate alchol now that im gluten (and lactose) free.. which i have put down to the fact my digestive system is now working and so pocessing all the alchol rather than before when it wasnt.

I used to be able to drink (british teenager...we can *drink*),,,but this weekend I had half a bottle of red and was whacked! ( I can drink two usually without a problem),.. even had the bumpy head by the end of the second glass...*urgh!*

although I have found that vodka is fine - i didnt know they made a non potato vodka, but im a vodka snob so only buy the good stuff.

I have been wondering recently if the opposite has happened to me...I seem to be unable to tollerate alchol now that im gluten (and lactose) free.. which i have put down to the fact my digestive system is now working and so pocessing all the alchol rather than before when it wasnt.

I used to be able to drink (british teenager...we can *drink*),,,but this weekend I had half a bottle of red and was whacked! ( I can drink two usually without a problem),.. even had the bumpy head by the end of the second glass...*urgh!*

although I have found that vodka is fine - i didnt know they made a non potato vodka, but im a vodka snob so only buy the good stuff.

I tried the potato with no ill effects, but that was just one drink, I think I am going to cut out alcohol after fiasco that I have been in the past week.

Thanks and God Save the Queen!

I tried the potato with no ill effects, but that was just one drink, I think I am going to cut out alcohol after fiasco that I have been in the past week.

Thanks and God Save the Queen!