Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lonewolf

New Avatar

My friend snapped this picture of me eating a gluten-free hamburger at MGM Studios a few weeks ago. My mouth was stuffed full, so I had a funny smile, but I was pretty happy! First time I'd ordered a hamburger in 11 years! (I had to scan it in, so it's not too clear, but had to share it.)

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My friend snapped this picture of me eating a gluten-free hamburger at MGM Studios a few weeks ago. My mouth was stuffed full, so I had a funny smile, but I was pretty happy! First time I'd ordered a hamburger in 11 years! (I had to scan it in, so it's not too clear, but had to share it.)

AWESOME!

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

That's awesome! My mouth is watering!!!!

Karen

Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy

Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism

endometriosis (at age 20)

spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.

-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

Where is MGM - in CA? Whose bun did they use or do they bake their own. I've tried about 8 different gluten-free buns but none I'd ever reorder. I head the MD's bun in Austrailia is quite good.

Dx'd with anemia - March 2005

Positive blood tests - Sept. 2005

Positive biopsy - Jan. 2006

Gluten free since 1-23-06

Ah, brings back fond memories...I may have had that same look on my face as I bit into MY own gluten free hamburger WITH fries, lol, only my friend didn't snap a picture of me doing it. :P

Where is MGM - in CA? Whose bun did they use or do they bake their own. I've tried about 8 different gluten-free buns but none I'd ever reorder. I head the MD's bun in Austrailia is quite good.

I was in Florida.

It was an Ener-G Tapioca bun - toasted nicely. Not perfect, but still great to be able to order a real hamburger! (Funny things is, I rarely eat red meat.)

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

Oh yeah - that's the only bun I've found edible and I would certainly order it out, were it available to me. I'll let my Mother know if she goes to Disney with my sister/kids they need to do MGM just for the burger...lol!

Dx'd with anemia - March 2005

Positive blood tests - Sept. 2005

Positive biopsy - Jan. 2006

Gluten free since 1-23-06

Wow Liz--that is so great!!!! And the burger looks delicious.

Tiffany (and everyone)--Grandma Ferndon's makes fantastic hamburger buns. The downside is that the shipping from them is $19.95 :angry: I bought them once as part of a large order, and now all I really want to order are the buns--but I can't justify the shipping.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

the shipping from them is $19.95

:blink::o

(I wish I could make that shocked face bigger!! :lol: )

I made that same face when I had a burger with a bun I DIDN'T HAVE TO BAKE at Disneyland a year ago. The simplest things can be so satisfying.....

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Oh yeah - that's the only bun I've found edible and I would certainly order it out, were it available to me. I'll let my Mother know if she goes to Disney with my sister/kids they need to do MGM just for the burger...lol!

They actually have those buns throughout all of the major Disney parks in FL. I think they may even have them at the smaller parks too. I had one at Magic Kingdom, though I have to admit I hated it. My daughter had one at Animal Kingdom too. She seemed to like it.

If you ever go to MGM, go to the 50's cafe and get the fried chicken. It tastes exactly like good (glutenous) fried chicken. It is amazing.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004