Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Momof2cuties

Grrr...the Rash And Loose Poos Are Back...

I can't figure out what's going on! It seems like Ali's symptoms are back, although not nearly to the full extent that they were before the gluten-free diet. I can get the rash to go away with some hydrocortisone cream, but it comes right back as soon as she poos again.

When they have multiple sensitivies are the symptoms similar? Her pediatrician won't test her for anything else until we can get her in to see the pedi GI, but the appt we have isn't until September. She's trying to get her in sooner, but we'll see...until then do I just keep dealing with this? I really don't want to go the route of an illimation diet, but I may have to.

Oh, how long after eating something they shouldn't do your kids end up with symptoms?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Oh, how long after eating something they shouldn't do your kids end up with symptoms?

My DD has multiple food allergies - she's also allergic to dairy, soy and egg in addition to being gluten sensitive. It kind of depends on what it is she gets a hold of as to how soon she reacts - if she accidentally gets any dairy of any kind, within 30 minutes she starts turning red and gets "glazed" over and her nose starts running. Soy - it can be almost immediate coughing. But if she gets glutened, I'll know by her 1st bowel movement. So it depends really, but if it's gluten, I may not know immediately, but I'll definitely know by her next dirty diaper.

Hope that helps some-

Beth

I do know that my son's symptoms never totally disappeared until we also elimnated all dairy,so there may possibly be more to your dd's food issues than the Celiacs.

Any more rashes or new info lately?

Did you go gluten-free before having the Celiac Diagnosis made "firm" by a GI through endoscopy? In order to do the endoscopy/ biospy the child must be ingesting gluten. We made that mistake.

Once the gut is irritated, many things will irritate it that might not have before the initial irriation. In the case of dairy, it seems like it is secondary to gluten irritation. Many Celiacs go gluten-free and DF from the first few months and add dairy back in to see if they can now tolerate it. So Dairy out would be my suggestion once already gluten-free.

After that Soy & Corn.

Other than seafood, generally, there are very very very few people allergic to beef, chicken and turkey (I have met one, but generally that is not the case). If I were unable to solve the rash and poo I would likely try moving to all organic free range grass fed meats and poultry and then slowly add back 1 veggie or 1 fruit at a time, then add back rice, followed by more allergen offenders such as corn and soy or corn related grains like sorghum.

I truly hope you find an answer. A pedi not willing to run tests is pathetic. Our pedi ran a full array of blood based allergy tests along with the Celiac test. She tried to be as through as possible. It's too bad there are not more like her. On the other hand, food allergies are totally different from foot intolerances and to date there are not reliable medically approved tests for food intolerances other than the patient eliminating them from their diets. Food Allergies are an IgE response and food intolerances are not.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

Chances are if you have lumps on your body for years and the Dr. isn't concerned they're probably not lymph nodes. Chronically swollen lymph nodes would be something every Dr. would be concerned with.  Chances are you just have cysts ...
    It's different  for everyone, it can be a month or maybe a year. Most probably within a few months. This is assuming the symptoms are in fact related to gluten, which they may not be. 
    Hi Laura I'm so pleased you found answers.  This is very encouraging.  Seven years on from my own diagnosis I wish I could have some vitamin and mineral screening, I'm sure I'm still deficient. Cristiana