Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suffering in Ohio

Confusing Test Results

:angry: I have been suffering with abdominal pain for three years so far. I was told about a year ago that it was IBS. Nothing I took helped so I sought out a GI doctor. He has ran many tests but doesn't spend much time explaining things. I was but on Nexium for ahwile as they believed I had acid reflux. That didn't help. I started researching on my own. I believe whole heartedly that I have celiac but my blood tests came back negative. My symptoms are: extreme sensitivity to some foods causing stomach to be bloated, terrible gas, loose stools and frequent, fatigue, low iron, malnurished (result of a biopsy of intestines), achey joints, and burning sensation throughout stomach. The endoscopy revealed my intestines aren't absorbing nutrients and I have a very low iron count but my doctor doesn't seem concerned. Nothing was irregular with my colonoscopy. Any ideas? Should I totally rule out celiac?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It sounds like you have a positive diagnosis via endoscopy. Sometimes the docs do not bother to tell you that. but if you have malabsoption proved via endscopy that = gold standard diagnosis celiac according to the doctors at this time. I will not go into the falsehood of that theory but we all agree that if you do have a positive biobsy that you do have celiac, just that it is a shame to wait until you are so damaged to get a diagnosis.

If I were you I would get the biopsy reports in writing and if possible get another doctor to check them. But from what I am reading that you are saying sounds like you have celiac but that they did not put a name on it. Not unusual, believe me, it happens to a lot of people. When you get the records you might see an actual written diagnosis that you were not told about.

welcome to the board. It seems a lot of the regulars are out for a summer break. I am just on here escaping the summer heat under the AC :)

I also like the testing thru Enterolab.com you can look up their website. If you are interested in going that route.

Read these boards & check out some books to get the full picture.