Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

delawaregirl

Namaste "blondies" Mix

Has anyone used the Namaste "Blondies" mix? Is is good? Also any hints or suggestions for mixing, baking, storing. I went to the health food store to buy the Namaste Chocolate cake mix and they were sold out. So I bought the blondies mix instead.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I LOVE these..........we always put in white chocolate chips and top with a cream cheese frosting. Tooo good!! Enjoy them!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Has anyone used the Namaste "Blondies" mix? Is is good? Also any hints or suggestions for mixing, baking, storing. I went to the health food store to buy the Namaste Chocolate cake mix and they were sold out. So I bought the blondies mix instead.

I haven't used it yet but I'm looking forward to your product review. :-)

I love them!!

In the fall, I add a can of pumpkin (don't change anything in the recipe, just add the pumpkin), and they were GREAT!!

Is there anything those guys make that isn't good?

I made the blondies. As suggested on the package I added some nuts, chocolate chips and coconut. Two cups in total. I was very careful at how long I baked them to be sure that I did not get them overdone. THEY WERE VERY VERY GOOD. My husband really liked them as well and he is very careful about eating anything that he knows is gluten free. I sure was due something that was really good as I had made some things lately that were just ok.

I made the blondies. As suggested on the package I added some nuts, chocolate chips and coconut. Two cups in total. I was very careful at how long I baked them to be sure that I did not get them overdone. THEY WERE VERY VERY GOOD. My husband really liked them as well and he is very careful about eating anything that he knows is gluten free. I sure was due something that was really good as I had made some things lately that were just ok.

Thanks for posting the results. They'll be in my basket next time I go to Whole Foods.

Thanks for posting the results. They'll be in my basket next time I go to Whole Foods.

Let us know what you think.

I love these. Our local grocer carried them once then stopped. Fortunately the grocer offers a discount on special orders so I order them a case at a time (6 to a case). I usually eat mine totally plain, but white chocolate chips would be great. I tend to use less oil than the mix calls for.

Let us know what you think.

I love these. Our local grocer carried them once then stopped. Fortunately the grocer offers a discount on special orders so I order them a case at a time (6 to a case). I usually eat mine totally plain, but white chocolate chips would be great. I tend to use less oil than the mix calls for.

White chocolate chips are AWESOME in the mix. I also use less oil. I do 1cup applesauce and then 1/2 oil. All of that oil grosses me out...way too much. The applesauce is a great sub.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Man, I love their chocolate cake mix, liked the spice cake, thought the yellow cake was OK...but I hated these. So did DH...I froze them initally, but after trying them the second time, I threw them out. We don't throw out much.

I ended up using the mix as a basis for a light chocolate cake - it turned out delic - so much so that I might buy the mix just to use to make the cake. But, never again to make these.

So, I guess as with all things, there are few absolutes, huh?

Haven't tried the Blondies by Namaste, but we love their chocolate cake mix. Based on this I just made their vanilla cake, and we thought it was awful! If you don't like the Blondies cookies, I have a great blonde brownie recipe with dates & nuts that everyone likes (celiac disease or not). Jo Ann

Haven't tried the Blondies by Namaste, but we love their chocolate cake mix. Based on this I just made their vanilla cake, and we thought it was awful! If you don't like the Blondies cookies, I have a great blonde brownie recipe with dates & nuts that everyone likes (celiac disease or not). Jo Ann

I wasnt a big fan of their white cake either, it just seemed to bland. So when I made it last I took the stick part of a wooden spoon and poked about 12 holes in the cake while still hot after it came out of the oven from top to bottom evenly throughout the cake and dumped smuckers strawberry ice cream syrup over them ( the whole jar) and then when it cooled I frosted the cake with vanilla frosting. It was delicious. My whole family loved it including my dad who is hard to please.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

The doctor did 8 biopsy from the top of my throat to the bottom of my stomach....he thought I had H-Hyploi..but I did not. I am beginning to think they are missing my issues. He gave me some pump inhibitors, that's it. I have an appt. with...
    Your doctor would run a blood tests (ask for full celiac panel) and then confirm with endoscopy and biopsy celiac doesn't always show up on endoscopy and sometimes the biopsy is what confirms.  
    How is one tested for Celiac Disease? I have had several endoscopes and the lower part too and none of the doctors have said anything about it. I have BIG issues with bloating, severe pain in my upper chest (under the chest bone), at times...