Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nama shivaya

Hi Everyone -- My Journey

Hi Everyone:

I'm popping in to give you all an update.

I originally came to this forum in Jan/Feb 2007 with some neurological issues such as gait problems and a spastic right hand.

What I learned on this board was invaluable! I learned to listen to myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had felt for over a month that I should stop eating certain things like wheat, soy, nightshade veggies, milk products, legumes, etc. From reading questions/answers, I discovered that my gut is and was very compromised.

Through initial testing (including MRI's and a lumbar puncture) I was diagnosed with MS. But that's not the end of it! I went to an integrative med doc and her first recommendation was to become gluten-free! I was ahead of the game.

OK, so here's what I want to share with all those seeking answers to their questions:

1. For over a year I'd had pimples/boils over my legs & torso. I also had chronic yeast infections (under my skin folds: breasts & belly). It was horrible!!!!! I tried everything, including 30 day rounds of strong anti-biotics. After going gluten-free, both issues cleared up and have remained cleared up for over 5 months now!!! If I accidently ingest gluten, I will get a few little pustules on my legs that lets me know.

2. When I eat foods from my "no-eat" list, I get little neurological symptoms like burning, twitching, etc. Serious stress can also cause this reaction.

3. My digestive systems is still compromised. It's been a long journey to try to get it under control!!! I feel like I just want to move in with a registered diatician and have him/her take care of me!! I seem to slip up every couple of days and eat Ben & Jerry's frozen yogurt, chocolate, or chips. I have, however, remained gluten-free as far as I know.

4. I've lost 45 lbs, have begun serious yoga practice, cultivated positive thinking, re-evaluated my life. In other words: THIS HAS BEEN A TEACHER.

I wish you all success on your journies. Please stay positive and strong. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs,

Nama

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

What a smart woman you are - forgot to check your name - hope it was a girls :)

Welcome to the board & thanks for posting your story.

I wonder if the "pimple things" are Dermititis Hepaformis (spelling is off) DH for short ?

If you have DH you have celiac...

It's so nice to hear great, life-altering stories like this! Good for you for finding your way... :)

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone!

Yeah, the "pimples" were DH, I'm sure of it. My integrative med doc thought so, too. The mainstream dermatologist missed it.

The integrative doc (Patty Ammon) has been dx'd with ms and has a lot of expertise in that area. She said she sees a lot of connection between unhealthy guts and immune/inflammation illnesses/syndromes/disease.

Health & happiness!

Nama

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

The biopsy would need to come from your small intestine. That's where the damage is done from celiac. But you need to be on a gluten diet for the tests to be accurate. How long have you been on the PPIs? My hubby had severe acid reflux issues ...
    The doctor did 8 biopsy from the top of my throat to the bottom of my stomach....he thought I had H-Hyploi..but I did not. I am beginning to think they are missing my issues. He gave me some pump inhibitors, that's it. I have an appt. with...
    Your doctor would run a blood tests (ask for full celiac panel) and then confirm with endoscopy and biopsy celiac doesn't always show up on endoscopy and sometimes the biopsy is what confirms.