Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SUZ42

Need Advice On Which Vit B12 To Get

I used to take B12 1000mcg monthly by injection, but decided to skip it last month in hopes that I didn't need it anymore. Well, I think I do. The exhaustion finally hit me yesterday. I would like to try the pill form before going back to the shots. I've been doing the shots since 2004. Anyway, I remember a thread about B12, and wonder if the folks who take it can pass on the brand and possibly dosage they are taking.

Thanks

Suzanne

2/07

EnteroLab

Antigliadin IgA [pos.]

Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA [pos.]

Anti-Casein IgA antibody [pos.] {how very sad}

HLA-DQ3 (subtype 8)

HLA-DQ3 (subtype 7)

Gluten free 3/18/07

Casein (very light) 3/18/07

constipation/dysmotility since birth

severe headaches 11/83

hypothyroidism 4/00

B-12 defficiency 10/04

"GERD" 1/06 "Gastritis" 3/06

"IBS" (forever) 3/06

depression w/ pain 4/06

iron defficiency anemia (off and on forever) 12/06

celiac disease 3/07

plus.....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hey,

I used to take B-12 injections once a week for a month, then every two week, then once a month. I do not take injections presently.

I take Nature's Bounty Sublingual B-12, 2,500mcg. They disolve under your tongue and go directly into your blood stream.

I certainly notice when I do not take it.

Hope that helps.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Hey,

I used to take B-12 injections once a week for a month, then every two week, then once a month. I do not take injections presently.

I take Nature's Bounty Sublingual B-12, 2,500mcg. They disolve under your tongue and go directly into your blood stream.

I certainly notice when I do not take it.

Hope that helps.

Is this daily? Thank you, it does help.

Suzanne

2/07

EnteroLab

Antigliadin IgA [pos.]

Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA [pos.]

Anti-Casein IgA antibody [pos.] {how very sad}

HLA-DQ3 (subtype 8)

HLA-DQ3 (subtype 7)

Gluten free 3/18/07

Casein (very light) 3/18/07

constipation/dysmotility since birth

severe headaches 11/83

hypothyroidism 4/00

B-12 defficiency 10/04

"GERD" 1/06 "Gastritis" 3/06

"IBS" (forever) 3/06

depression w/ pain 4/06

iron defficiency anemia (off and on forever) 12/06

celiac disease 3/07

plus.....

Is this daily? Thank you, it does help.

It sure does. I take one daily and notice when I forget.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

I use B-12 Blast sublingual drops from Bricker Labs. 1000 mcg. of B-12 and 400 mcg. of Folic Acid (per dropper full). I checked with them on 6/18/07 to verify that it's gluten-free and it is.

Karen B.

diagnosed with Celiac Nov. 2003

I use B-12 Blast sublingual drops from Bricker Labs. 1000 mcg. of B-12 and 400 mcg. of Folic Acid (per dropper full). I checked with them on 6/18/07 to verify that it's gluten-free and it is.

I also take Nature's Bounty. I take 1000 mcg daily in two 500 mcg sublingual lozengers.

I start the B-12 injections today. Sure hope this clears the fog and fatigue. Nice to see it makes a noticable difference in you folks.

I as suprised that this treatment went on for years for some, and that folks seem to be looking for an oral alternative.

Why not just do the shots?

I used to take B12 1000mcg monthly by injection, but decided to skip it last month in hopes that I didn't need it anymore. Well, I think I do. The exhaustion finally hit me yesterday. I would like to try the pill form before going back to the shots. I've been doing the shots since 2004. Anyway, I remember a thread about B12, and wonder if the folks who take it can pass on the brand and possibly dosage they are taking.

Thanks

I take B12 plus Folic Acid from www.bevkovitamins.com My doctor is the "bev" of bevko. She developed her own line of supplements. This is a chewable lozenge form (kind of like a tums or rolaids) so it is really easy to take. Per my dr's instructions I take 1 per day...not sure of the dosage right off hand

Dawn

I start the B-12 injections today. Sure hope this clears the fog and fatigue. Nice to see it makes a noticable difference in you folks.

I as suprised that this treatment went on for years for some, and that folks seem to be looking for an oral alternative.

Why not just do the shots?

For me, time. To get off work and to the doc's takes a chunk out of my day.

Karen B.

diagnosed with Celiac Nov. 2003

I use the B12 1500 from GNC and I think its fantastic (says gluten, corn, soy, dairy and yeast free right on the bottle).

I also have started drinking Dasani Plus which has extra B vitamins in it also.