Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SUZ42

Need Advice On Which Vit B12 To Get

I used to take B12 1000mcg monthly by injection, but decided to skip it last month in hopes that I didn't need it anymore. Well, I think I do. The exhaustion finally hit me yesterday. I would like to try the pill form before going back to the shots. I've been doing the shots since 2004. Anyway, I remember a thread about B12, and wonder if the folks who take it can pass on the brand and possibly dosage they are taking.

Thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hey,

I used to take B-12 injections once a week for a month, then every two week, then once a month. I do not take injections presently.

I take Nature's Bounty Sublingual B-12, 2,500mcg. They disolve under your tongue and go directly into your blood stream.

I certainly notice when I do not take it.

Hope that helps.

Hey,

I used to take B-12 injections once a week for a month, then every two week, then once a month. I do not take injections presently.

I take Nature's Bounty Sublingual B-12, 2,500mcg. They disolve under your tongue and go directly into your blood stream.

I certainly notice when I do not take it.

Hope that helps.

Is this daily? Thank you, it does help.

I use B-12 Blast sublingual drops from Bricker Labs. 1000 mcg. of B-12 and 400 mcg. of Folic Acid (per dropper full). I checked with them on 6/18/07 to verify that it's gluten-free and it is.

I use B-12 Blast sublingual drops from Bricker Labs. 1000 mcg. of B-12 and 400 mcg. of Folic Acid (per dropper full). I checked with them on 6/18/07 to verify that it's gluten-free and it is.

I also take Nature's Bounty. I take 1000 mcg daily in two 500 mcg sublingual lozengers.

I start the B-12 injections today. Sure hope this clears the fog and fatigue. Nice to see it makes a noticable difference in you folks.

I as suprised that this treatment went on for years for some, and that folks seem to be looking for an oral alternative.

Why not just do the shots?

I used to take B12 1000mcg monthly by injection, but decided to skip it last month in hopes that I didn't need it anymore. Well, I think I do. The exhaustion finally hit me yesterday. I would like to try the pill form before going back to the shots. I've been doing the shots since 2004. Anyway, I remember a thread about B12, and wonder if the folks who take it can pass on the brand and possibly dosage they are taking.

Thanks

I take B12 plus Folic Acid from www.bevkovitamins.com My doctor is the "bev" of bevko. She developed her own line of supplements. This is a chewable lozenge form (kind of like a tums or rolaids) so it is really easy to take. Per my dr's instructions I take 1 per day...not sure of the dosage right off hand

I start the B-12 injections today. Sure hope this clears the fog and fatigue. Nice to see it makes a noticable difference in you folks.

I as suprised that this treatment went on for years for some, and that folks seem to be looking for an oral alternative.

Why not just do the shots?

For me, time. To get off work and to the doc's takes a chunk out of my day.

I use the B12 1500 from GNC and I think its fantastic (says gluten, corn, soy, dairy and yeast free right on the bottle).

I also have started drinking Dasani Plus which has extra B vitamins in it also.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

This is good advice. Some restaurants offer gluten-free menus or mark items with “GF” on their regular menu, and I try to eat at such places. I still talk to the manager when I order to be sure. 
    I've had a swollen gland in my neck similar to what you described.  I found that taking thiamine helps immensely.   Here's an article that you might find helpful..... http://wandererandhome.weebly.com/heal-yourself/vitamin-b1-th...
    Mummu said her daughter was "constantly nauseated, tired, and having little to no interest in eating.  She's lost weight and I'm worried she may be becoming depressed"   I agree with M.Martha.  The Autoimmune diet without dairy and...