Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jo.R

Had My Daughter Tested Today

I had such a good appointment with my DD's pediatrician. I told her that I wanted Michaela tested, and before I even had a chance to tell her why, she nodded her head and asked if my other DD had been tested. Although I told her my reasons, I didn't have to, she was ready to do it. I do plan on having my older DD tested, but she has no symptoms, so we are testing the youngest first because she has symptoms. I was very pleased that her pediatrician seem to be on the ball as far as what celiac is and the false negative that happens. She even thought trying a gluten-free diet with a negative tedt would be a good idea, just to see if that's the problem. Sooo, starting Monday our whole home is going gluten-free.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest j_mommy

I wish there could be Dr's like that every where. I'm glad you had a good experience! My Dr's good too....and I'm soo grateful for that!!!

That is great! My pedi was like that, too. When I asked her for the test, she agreed right away. She has another family with Celiac disease as well. My dr was receptive to my request, too, but that was after my dd's daignosis. I am so grateful for their wonderful responses, especially after some of the responses I have read about that others have had from their dr's.

ptkds

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

This is good advice. Some restaurants offer gluten-free menus or mark items with “GF” on their regular menu, and I try to eat at such places. I still talk to the manager when I order to be sure. 
    I've had a swollen gland in my neck similar to what you described.  I found that taking thiamine helps immensely.   Here's an article that you might find helpful..... http://wandererandhome.weebly.com/heal-yourself/vitamin-b1-th...
    Mummu said her daughter was "constantly nauseated, tired, and having little to no interest in eating.  She's lost weight and I'm worried she may be becoming depressed"   I agree with M.Martha.  The Autoimmune diet without dairy and...