Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jo.R

Had My Daughter Tested Today

I had such a good appointment with my DD's pediatrician. I told her that I wanted Michaela tested, and before I even had a chance to tell her why, she nodded her head and asked if my other DD had been tested. Although I told her my reasons, I didn't have to, she was ready to do it. I do plan on having my older DD tested, but she has no symptoms, so we are testing the youngest first because she has symptoms. I was very pleased that her pediatrician seem to be on the ball as far as what celiac is and the false negative that happens. She even thought trying a gluten-free diet with a negative tedt would be a good idea, just to see if that's the problem. Sooo, starting Monday our whole home is going gluten-free.

Stomach problems began November of 2005

Gall bladder removed April 2006

Positive Blood test October 2006

Refused endoscope

Gluten-free since January 21, 2007

Positive reaction to diet

The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord. Job 1:21b

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest j_mommy

I wish there could be Dr's like that every where. I'm glad you had a good experience! My Dr's good too....and I'm soo grateful for that!!!

That is great! My pedi was like that, too. When I asked her for the test, she agreed right away. She has another family with Celiac disease as well. My dr was receptive to my request, too, but that was after my dd's daignosis. I am so grateful for their wonderful responses, especially after some of the responses I have read about that others have had from their dr's.

ptkds

ptkds

Mom of 4 beautiful girls (the 2 youngest are only 10 months apart!)
Diagnosed with Celiac disease on November 8, 2006; gluten-free as of 12-1-06.

DD#2 13 years old; diagnosed on November 28, 2006. gluten-free as of 12-7-06.
DD#3 9 years old; diagnosed through blood work in October 2006. Gluten-free as of mid-November and doing GREAT!!
DD#4 8 years old; had a scope done on 6-22-07 (at 14 months old) and the dr saw stomach ulcers, but all test results were negative. GI dr told us to put her on the gluten free diet anyway. She is gluten free as of 6-22-07.