Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So -- I just had to tell somebody this b/c it made me so happy and so sure I am on the right track (even though my blood came back negative) -- I am still waiting for my GI appt. and my results from Enterolab -- but I was chatting w/ my mother last night and we were talking about my dad -- he has similar "problems" as me w/ the chronic "Big D" but has never been tested for Celiacs -- it was one of the reasons, among several symptoms of mine -- anemia, mouth sores, tired all the time, etc etc etc etc -- that made me think I may have Celiacs disease. Anyways -- while I was chatting w/ my mother, she just happened to mention that a long time ago, my dad got a prick test and you would never guess what showed up on his test -- an allergy to WHEAT! :o I think I may be on to something!! :P

Thanks for letting me share -- I'm pretty excited about it! ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Sounds like you are getting to the bottom of your problems.

It might mean you have an allergy to wheat, and not coeliac.

But then your symptoms sound so similar to mine, big D, low iron, mouth sores, tired etc etc.

As long as these symptoms disappear while on a gluten free diet, then I think you are on the right track. It is how we react to the diet that is more important than negative results. They could be the horrible false negatives.

Good luck and hope the results you get back give you some more answers. If not just remember how you feel not eating gluten.

Cathy

Congratulations! I am glad to hear your promising news. Yup for me too, the big lightblub went off after a talk with my mom about her stomach problems and my grandfathers stomach problems etc etc....

I hope you are encouraged by your new interesting bit of info and good luck with the GI and further tests.

Yes tmk welcome and good luck with your testing. for me I think that my Grandmother had the problems she refused to eat certian foods and defieantly would not go to the doctor. She always had Milk of Magnisa (MOM) on hand.

donna

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

It’s certainly possible.  Coffee and susbstances made from cow’s milk are common intolerances in Celiacs due the upset of your autoimmune system.  
    That's good to know. I have my MRI on a celiac disease as it was requested by an ENT consultant to take a look at but again this is someone who isn't looking in regards to gluten ataxia but I can mention it to them and also give it to...
    The boat feeling did resolve but I do still have some residual balance issues. However I had ataxia impact from the time I was a child until my 40's. Glad to hear you are seeing someone that will be looking specifically for the UBOs. My neuro...