Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

isiskingdom

gluten-free Shampoo

I have been using Dove shampoo and I know it is gluten-free but, it makes my hair feel weird And I have a bad breakout EVERYTIME! Is there a shampoo and conditioner out there that is gluten-free leaves your hair feeling soft And would have a mild reaction to skin? I am going shopping today and am completely out.

Bobbie,

tested positive for celiac 2007

Gall bladder removed 2007

D/C a month after daughter was born 2005

Low Blood Pressure

Fainting disorder

food allergy to Dairy, pork,fish,most peanut butter,nutra sweet,aspartam and more to be determined.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have been using Dove shampoo and I know it is gluten-free but, it makes my hair feel weird And I have a bad breakout EVERYTIME! Is there a shampoo and conditioner out there that is gluten-free leaves your hair feeling soft And would have a mild reaction to skin? I am going shopping today and am completely out.

I like the Neutrogena clean shampoo and conditioner... My kids use the Suave for kids 2 in 1...

-Rachelle

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

I like the Neutrogena clean shampoo and conditioner... My kids use the Suave for kids 2 in 1...

-Rachelle

I hope Aussie products are ok? Because that's what I bought. I didn't say wheat...anyone else use it?

Bobbie,

Low Blood Pressure

Fainting disorder

food allergy to Dairy, pork,fish,most peanut butter,nutra sweet,aspartam and more to be determined.

Guest Doll

If you have sensitive skin, you might want to use Burt's Bees products (something like 98% "natural" ingredients), Baby Shampoo, or a shampoo that is designed for an oily scalp/hair but not irritating. Some products create too much bulidup for those who have an oily or breakout prone scalp. If you think you are having an allergic response to something in the Dove shampoo, you could try looking for hypoallergenic shampoos. The Body Shop may also have somthing that might help, like their Tea Tree Oil shampoo.

I've been using Burt's Bees Grapefruit "Shine" shampoo, and I LOVE it! :)

P.S. I just checked for you, and my Burt's Bees is gluten-free! It is a great shampoo! You might also want to make sure you are not using any conditioner near your scalp...this can cause major breakouts for many.

I emailed Aussie to see if they are gluten-free let you know. In the mean time thanks for telling me about Burts Bees. I don't know where to find it where I live.

Bobbie,

Low Blood Pressure

Fainting disorder

If you have sensitive skin, you might want to use Burt's Bees products (something like 98% "natural" ingredients), Baby Shampoo, or a shampoo that is designed for an oily scalp/hair but not irritating. Some products create too much bulidup for those who have an oily or breakout prone scalp. If you think you are having an allergic response to something in the Dove shampoo, you could try looking for hypoallergenic shampoos. The Body Shop may also have somthing that might help, like their Tea Tree Oil shampoo.

I've been using Burt's Bees Grapefruit "Shine" shampoo, and I LOVE it! :)

P.S. I just checked for you, and my Burt's Bees is gluten-free! It is a great shampoo! You might also want to make sure you are not using any conditioner near your scalp...this can cause major breakouts for many.

I just got a reply from Aussie thought I would share

Thank you for contacting Aussie.

Gluten is a protein found in wheat, rye, and barley. Although it is typically

not added directly to our products, it may be present in fragrances. Due to the

difficulty of tracing the source ingredients for the variety of fragrances used

in manufacturing our products, we can not provide specific levels of gluten

content for any of our fragrance blends.

Be aware that even products labeled "unscented" will still contain a masking

scent, therefore they may potentially contain gluten.

We hope we've been helpful. If we can assist you in the future, please let us

know.

Bobbie,

Low Blood Pressure

Fainting disorder