Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

confused

Almond Breeze

I was just wondering if there is a way to make ice cream from the almond breeze milk. We finally got some in this town and i was thinking it would be nice to make ice cream from the chocolate milk, i think my step son would be so happy. So if anyone has any recipes please share them

paula

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have used almond milk to make a shake in the blender. I like strawberry/blueberry best, and sometimes I add some banana, too.

Just put frozen fruit in the blender, add a few teaspoons of sugar and enough almond milk to nearly cover the fruit. Begin blending and as the fruit begins to freeze the milk, if it gets too thick, you can add more almond milk, a small amount at a time, until it's diluted enough to finish blending all the fruit.

Drink immediately before it begins to melt.

I use Almond Breeze and tofu to replace the cream and milk in all recipes - it works perfectly.

Is Almond Breeze a milk dairy product or a soy product? and where in store would I find it?

Several things can be used to make a milk-like product. Soybeans, rice, nuts. They are made by grinding up and soaking in water for a time and then straining out the solids. They don't taste like cow's milk, but can be used as a beverage, over cereal and in baking.

Almond Breeze is made by Blue Diamond and is made from almonds. I use it because I try to avoid soy and don't really like rice milks. Almond milk is packaged in a box just like the other milk substitutes and would be on a shelf along with soy milk and rice milk. They are not in the refrigerator case.

I also try to avoid soy and while I do like rice milk, I eat a good amount of rice as it is and figured some variety would be good.

I get mine from Trader Joe's, where I'm at in Michigan it's $1.99 per 32oz.

Several things can be used to make a milk-like product. Soybeans, rice, nuts. They are made by grinding up and soaking in water for a time and then straining out the solids. They don't taste like cow's milk, but can be used as a beverage, over cereal and in baking.

Almond Breeze is made by Blue Diamond and is made from almonds. I use it because I try to avoid soy and don't really like rice milks. Almond milk is packaged in a box just like the other milk substitutes and would be on a shelf along with soy milk and rice milk. They are not in the refrigerator case.

I also try to avoid soy and while I do like rice milk, I eat a good amount of rice as it is and figured some variety would be good.

I get mine from Trader Joe's, where I'm at in Michigan it's $1.99 per 32oz.

That is an awesome price, it is 3:29 here, but when you have been living without milk for so long, i am willing to pay the price lol. I have never tried the rice milk cause all we have is rice dream which is not casein free. I also do not like soy, it bothers me, so im happy that is soy, casein and gluten free.

paula

I have made a sugar free, dairy free pudding with Almond Breeze, and it tastes great.

1 1/2 cups unsweeted Almond Breeze (any flavor)

2 tbsp cornstarch

Your sweetener of choice (I use stevia - 2 packets)

Any additional flavoring (with plain Almond Breeze, I have used vanilla extract, cocoa powder, or even some canned pumpkin with cinnamon and nutmeg)

Mix the ingredients in a pot on the stove and heat over medium heat until the mixture thickens and begins to boil. Remove from heat and pour into individual serving cups. Put cups into the refrigerator for several hours.

Makes three half cup servings or two larger servings. I'm sure the recipe could easily be doubled.

I was searching the web for almond breeze ice cream recipes when I found your question-here is a recipe I found on "Red Ramekin."

I'm sorry I don't know if the rest of the recipe complies with your diet but it sounds good-i am going to try tonight...

Almond Cremolata

2 1/2 c. unsweetened almond milk (I used Almond Breeze)

1/2 c. sugar

1 tbs. corn starch

1 egg yolk, beaten

pinch of salt

dash each of vanilla and almond extract

Mix 1/4 c. almond milk with corn starch and whisk until thoroughly combined. Heat remaining (2 1/4 c.) almond milk and sugar over low heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Once mixture is hot, add a bit of the liquid to the egg yolk, whisking vigorously so that it doesn't scramble (this is called tempering). Add the egg yolk mixture to the almond milk, continuing to whisk to avoid scrambling. Add cornstarch mixture, salt, and extracts, and continue stirring until mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat, allow to cool, and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Before freezing in an ice cream maker, strain custard through a fine-meshed sieve to get rid of any rogue lumps. It is best served right after churning, but freezes well, too.

I was just wondering if there is a way to make ice cream from the almond breeze milk. We finally got some in this town and i was thinking it would be nice to make ice cream from the chocolate milk, i think my step son would be so happy. So if anyone has any recipes please share them

paula

I was searching the web for almond breeze ice cream recipes when I found your question-here is a recipe I found on "Red Ramekin."

I'm sorry I don't know if the rest of the recipe complies with your diet but it sounds good-i am going to try tonight...

Almond Cremolata

2 1/2 c. unsweetened almond milk (I used Almond Breeze)

1/2 c. sugar

1 tbs. corn starch

1 egg yolk, beaten

pinch of salt

dash each of vanilla and almond extract

Mix 1/4 c. almond milk with corn starch and whisk until thoroughly combined. Heat remaining (2 1/4 c.) almond milk and sugar over low heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Once mixture is hot, add a bit of the liquid to the egg yolk, whisking vigorously so that it doesn't scramble (this is called tempering). Add the egg yolk mixture to the almond milk, continuing to whisk to avoid scrambling. Add cornstarch mixture, salt, and extracts, and continue stirring until mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat, allow to cool, and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Before freezing in an ice cream maker, strain custard through a fine-meshed sieve to get rid of any rogue lumps. It is best served right after churning, but freezes well, too.

paula

Oh, yum! That sounds wonderful.

I would think you could make ice cream with Almond milk just substituting the regular milk for almond, you can make it with other milks w/out a problem. I'd add something creamy to it, though, because it will turn out like ice *milk*, thinner and more icy and less creamy if that makes sense. We made some with rice milk once, and added peanut butter and grape jelly. Sounds a little weird (and it was) but it tasted really good! The peanut butter made up for the missing creamy fat in the milk. Or you could use coconut milk with the almond milk if you like coconut....That would be really good and go a long way towards replacing the fat!

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

The doctor did 8 biopsy from the top of my throat to the bottom of my stomach....he thought I had H-Hyploi..but I did not. I am beginning to think they are missing my issues. He gave me some pump inhibitors, that's it. I have an appt. with...
    Your doctor would run a blood tests (ask for full celiac panel) and then confirm with endoscopy and biopsy celiac doesn't always show up on endoscopy and sometimes the biopsy is what confirms.  
    How is one tested for Celiac Disease? I have had several endoscopes and the lower part too and none of the doctors have said anything about it. I have BIG issues with bloating, severe pain in my upper chest (under the chest bone), at times...