Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Doll

Mrs. May's Naturals

Guest Doll

Hello all...just wanted to say that Mrs. May's Naturals Almond Crunch snacks are very good! :) They are labelled "wheat free" but there are no gluten containing items on the ingredient list (rice malt is used) and I have never reacted. Basically, these look like Rice Krispie squares made with almonds. They're coated with cane juice.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Just be careful with Mrs. May's stuff as they are imported from China...we used to buy them and noticed they didn't state "gluten free" only "wheat free." I called Mrs. Mays here in north america & they couldn't answer the gluten-free status question. We have since stopped buying the product.

So proceed with caution -- due to recent newstories about products from China having ingredient problems.

Please be very careful with Mrs. Mays. Some of the older stock had barley in the rice malt. My son and I both got sick from it.

I called Mrs. Mays on April 30. She said that since 11/06, all their products are gluten free. The packaging has yet to be updated. The rice malt did have gluten (barley) in it before then. So if the product you have was produced after 11/06 (pull date of 11/07 or later), it is gluten free as well as wheat free. The product has a one year shelf life, and the pull date is printed in the upper left hand corner of the package. I bought some of the cashew crunch last week (that one says gluten free), but have yet to buy the almond one again since my son and I got sick. The packaging on that one still says wheat free.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

The doctor did 8 biopsy from the top of my throat to the bottom of my stomach....he thought I had H-Hyploi..but I did not. I am beginning to think they are missing my issues. He gave me some pump inhibitors, that's it. I have an appt. with...
    Your doctor would run a blood tests (ask for full celiac panel) and then confirm with endoscopy and biopsy celiac doesn't always show up on endoscopy and sometimes the biopsy is what confirms.  
    How is one tested for Celiac Disease? I have had several endoscopes and the lower part too and none of the doctors have said anything about it. I have BIG issues with bloating, severe pain in my upper chest (under the chest bone), at times...