Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danchi

Reaction To Gluten-celiac Disease

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I think it depends on whether the baby has active celiac disease. My youngest had problems from day 1 whenever she had my breastmilk ( I didn't know about celiac at the time). My toddler takes about a day before she has the runny diarrhea. My 6 yr old takes about 1 hr before her tummy hurts. I get sick about 30 minutes after I get glutened.

I think it would all depend on whether or not your dc has celiac disease already. My 15 month old started having problems when she started eating solids.

Give us more info, and maybe we can help u out more!

ptkds

My son is almost four now and he usually gets D the next morning. When I was breastfeeding he constantly spit up and had loose foul stools. Everyone was amazed that a breastfed baby's stool stunk--bad. Now everything that he have went through makes since.

Every person reacts differently. My daughter has a violent-D-reaction immediatly with consumption, but if it is ingested through breathing--free floating flour, hay bales etc, she has a slightly delayed reaction-stomachaches for a few hours and then a few hours of vomitting. I have known someone who has no outward reaction and another little boy who has massive behavioral changes but no intestinal changes. Not sure if this helps you ;)

-Rachelle

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

It’s certainly possible.  Coffee and susbstances made from cow’s milk are common intolerances in Celiacs due the upset of your autoimmune system.  
    That's good to know. I have my MRI on a celiac disease as it was requested by an ENT consultant to take a look at but again this is someone who isn't looking in regards to gluten ataxia but I can mention it to them and also give it to...
    The boat feeling did resolve but I do still have some residual balance issues. However I had ataxia impact from the time I was a child until my 40's. Glad to hear you are seeing someone that will be looking specifically for the UBOs. My neuro...