Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NewGFMom

Authentic Foods Superfine Brown Rice Four

I ordered some Authentic Foods Brown Rice flour off of Amazon and made a fee Annalise Roberts recipes with it.

They were FABULOUS.

however, with shipping this flour costs approximately $5 per pound. There's nowhere in metro Boston that carries it. Does anybody else make a superfine brown rice flour?

have any of you used the superfine white rice flour from an Asian Supermarket to make any Annalise Roberts recipes?

Thanks in advance,

Margaret

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Bob's Red Mill makes a brown rice flour that is not gritty at all. See link.

I use that cookbook all the time with the BRM brown rice flour and asian white rice and tapioca flours and have wonderful results.

I use Bob's Red Mill, but maybe you could put regular brown rice flour into a food processor or blender for a bit. Kind of like how you can make powdered sugar from granulated sugar by doing the same? Just an idea. I've never tried it.

I used BRM too. I LOVE it. I would bet you could make it superfine by grinding in a coffee grinder - if need be.

I have not had any "grit" problems at all. Very pleasant. We make our pancakes with half white/half brown rice flour. OH SO YUMMY :D

Do you have any store that carries other Authenic Food products near you? If so, they will get the super fine brown for you..... it is hard to find like sooo many other good gluten-free things.

Love that cookbook!!

mamaw

I use half BRM, half superfine white rice flour from the Asian grocery. BRM is quite a bit grittier than the Authentic Foods superfine, but when I use it half and half, it's barely noticeable.

I was thinking of purchasing a large coffee grinder and just grinding my own brown rice, but I'm not nearly organized enough to do that yet. I can barely keep up just making breads and pancakes!

I ordered some Authentic Foods Brown Rice flour off of Amazon and made a fee Annalise Roberts recipes with it.

They were FABULOUS.

however, with shipping this flour costs approximately $5 per pound. There's nowhere in metro Boston that carries it. Does anybody else make a superfine brown rice flour?

have any of you used the superfine white rice flour from an Asian Supermarket to make any Annalise Roberts recipes?

Thanks in advance,

Margaret

Hi Margaret!

I work in Quincy and have found an AMAZING health food store that has the largest selection of gluten free foods that I've seen -- it's the Good Health store in Quincy Center:

http://www.goodhealthnaturalfood.com/

The people there are really helpful, so if they don't carry something that you need -- they'll probably order it for you.

I actually bought some of the Authentic Foods Superfine Brown Rice Flour from them a few days ago. After tasting some recipes that my boyfriends Mom made for me from Annilise Robert's book -- I just had to make her brown rice flour mix. I can't remember how much I paid for it though -- sorry!

That's a great picture in your post -- was it taken in Maine by any chance?

Hope I could be of help! :D

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

That's good to know. I have my MRI on a celiac disease as it was requested by an ENT consultant to take a look at but again this is someone who isn't looking in regards to gluten ataxia but I can mention it to them and also give it to...
    The boat feeling did resolve but I do still have some residual balance issues. However I had ataxia impact from the time I was a child until my 40's. Glad to hear you are seeing someone that will be looking specifically for the UBOs. My neuro...
    I had a brain MRI over a year ago which wasn't specifically looking for signs of gluten ataxia - it was more just for reassurance as I was right at the beginning of my balance problems. I have a further brain MRI planned in May and this...