Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I was never a big bread person but I miss my crackers. Any suggestions on which ones to try. I can't do rice it makes my joints hurt like the dickens. I liked Ritz, saltines, ones with seeds or veggies, you name it if it was a cracker I liked it.

Yellow Rose

27 years of misdiognoses

seziures summer of 1979 lasted 10 years had maybe a dozen in that time Dr.s never could find what was causing them blamed it on lack of sleep and maybe nutrasweet

rheumatoid arthritis May 1980

wrist joint replacement Jan 1984

fibromyalgia May 1980

insomnia since the 80's

diarrhea 1995-2000 blamed on arthritis meds

Crohn's 1998 after two operations to fix fissures caused by the diarrhea

Other symptons over the last 27 years that have been treated for symptoms not causes:

depression, anemia, constipation, tooth discoloration, tremors in hands, tingling and numbness in feet and hands, fatigue, high blood pressure due to arthritus meds, flushing in face, severe muscle pain and thinking I was going crazy thanks to Dr.'s attitudes.

After diognoses my mother tells me I have an aunt and a cousin with Celiac. Mother tested negative but thinks she is intolerant to wheat and is changing her diet.

Suspect all three of my children have it as well but still trying to convince them to go get tested.

In answer to my prayer, "Lord Please Heal My Broken Body". May 2007 Celiac antibody test positive

Matthew 7: 8 Ask and ye shall receive, Seek and ye shall find, Knock and it shall be opened unto you.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

If you like crackers with seeds, I've been told that Mary's gone crackers are good. We like Blue Diamond Nut thins, but they are make in a facility that also produces wheat products. Glutino and Dr. Schar crackers are also really good but they are likely made out of rice. Ener-G also makes some crackers that we like.

Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.

Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

My favorite saltine like cracker is "Engr G Wheat Free Crackers" They have a lot of different ones, but this is the only one I really like.

http://www.ener-g.com/store/detail.aspx?se...cat=6&id=70

They say rice free too. It was the closest thing I have found to a saltine. The hardest thing for me going gluten free was the lack of saltine crackers. I always ate so many of them. Heck, back in high school, my locker always had a few boxes. I carried saltines around with me in my shirt pocket to munch on during class. What a dork!

-grant

"If I start fighting a war... I guarantee you'll see something new" - Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

My favorite saltine like cracker is "Engr G Wheat Free Crackers" They have a lot of different ones, but this is the only one I really like.

They say rice free too. It was the closest thing I have found to a saltine. The hardest thing for me going gluten free was the lack of saltine crackers. I always ate so many of them. Heck, back in high school, my locker always had a few boxes. I carried saltines around with me in my shirt pocket to munch on during class. What a dork!

-grant

I have to agree (not with the dork bit) that EnerG makes a GREAT cracker. I have tried Glutino and Dr Schar and didn't like those. I am really picky. I would rather go without than have one I don't like. I also didn't care for the nut thins, but thats just me....I wanted something to put peanut butter on, and the EnerG are my FAV!

EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes

DQ2 and DQ3 sub type DQ7 in December 2005

Gluten-free since Enterolab test, December 2, 2005.

Lame Advertisement Test positive for gluten intolerence in Sept 2005.

THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....

We like the ener-g crackers in our house too. I buy them by the case! We also like the Glutino crackers, but it looks like those have rice flour in them so they won't work for you.

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Hands down, the glutino crackers. They taste like a combination of a ritz and a saltine.

http://www.glutensmart.com/gl.html

I like the Nut Thins just to eat with tuna, but when I want a real cracker, definately the Glutino ones.

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

Hands down, the glutino crackers. They taste like a combination of a ritz and a saltine.

http://www.glutensmart.com/gl.html

I like the Nut Thins just to eat with tuna, but when I want a real cracker, definately the Glutino ones.

Thanks everyone ya'll made my day!!

Yellow Rose

27 years of misdiognoses

seziures summer of 1979 lasted 10 years had maybe a dozen in that time Dr.s never could find what was causing them blamed it on lack of sleep and maybe nutrasweet

rheumatoid arthritis May 1980

wrist joint replacement Jan 1984

fibromyalgia May 1980

insomnia since the 80's

diarrhea 1995-2000 blamed on arthritis meds

Crohn's 1998 after two operations to fix fissures caused by the diarrhea

Other symptons over the last 27 years that have been treated for symptoms not causes:

depression, anemia, constipation, tooth discoloration, tremors in hands, tingling and numbness in feet and hands, fatigue, high blood pressure due to arthritus meds, flushing in face, severe muscle pain and thinking I was going crazy thanks to Dr.'s attitudes.

After diognoses my mother tells me I have an aunt and a cousin with Celiac. Mother tested negative but thinks she is intolerant to wheat and is changing her diet.

Suspect all three of my children have it as well but still trying to convince them to go get tested.

In answer to my prayer, "Lord Please Heal My Broken Body". May 2007 Celiac antibody test positive

Matthew 7: 8 Ask and ye shall receive, Seek and ye shall find, Knock and it shall be opened unto you.

I was so excited you guys were talking about crackers, but i went and looked them up and may contain traces of milk or soy, now im all bummed. Anyone know of ones that casein and soy free but yet taste good lol

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

Blue Diamond (the nut company) makes crackers out of nuts, they have several different flavors, I really like them

Stephanie

Positive for dermatitis herpetiformis via skin biopsy and blood tests 6/21/07

Gluten free since 6/25/07

-grant

Those are my favorite saltine substitiute. I also like Nut Thins but they are made with rice. Also, tortilla chips will sub with soup but not with peanut butter.

I've been told the yellow package of all purpose Chebe makes good crackers but I haven't tried it yet.

Karen B.

diagnosed with Celiac Nov. 2003

Thanks everyone ya'll made my day!!

Yellow Rose

Mary's Gone Crackers. I love the onion flavor. They are totally different, but so good.

Dx 3/23/07

Gluten free 3/27/07

Intolerant:

Gluten

MSG

Allergies:

Ragweed

Honeydew

Cantalope

Nickel (jewelry)

Dx'd Lymphocytic Colitis 6/16/08

I am a bad silly-yak!