Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I was never a big bread person but I miss my crackers. Any suggestions on which ones to try. I can't do rice it makes my joints hurt like the dickens. I liked Ritz, saltines, ones with seeds or veggies, you name it if it was a cracker I liked it.

Yellow Rose

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

If you like crackers with seeds, I've been told that Mary's gone crackers are good. We like Blue Diamond Nut thins, but they are make in a facility that also produces wheat products. Glutino and Dr. Schar crackers are also really good but they are likely made out of rice. Ener-G also makes some crackers that we like.

My favorite saltine like cracker is "Engr G Wheat Free Crackers" They have a lot of different ones, but this is the only one I really like.

http://www.ener-g.com/store/detail.aspx?se...cat=6&id=70

They say rice free too. It was the closest thing I have found to a saltine. The hardest thing for me going gluten free was the lack of saltine crackers. I always ate so many of them. Heck, back in high school, my locker always had a few boxes. I carried saltines around with me in my shirt pocket to munch on during class. What a dork!

-grant

My favorite saltine like cracker is "Engr G Wheat Free Crackers" They have a lot of different ones, but this is the only one I really like.

They say rice free too. It was the closest thing I have found to a saltine. The hardest thing for me going gluten free was the lack of saltine crackers. I always ate so many of them. Heck, back in high school, my locker always had a few boxes. I carried saltines around with me in my shirt pocket to munch on during class. What a dork!

-grant

I have to agree (not with the dork bit) that EnerG makes a GREAT cracker. I have tried Glutino and Dr Schar and didn't like those. I am really picky. I would rather go without than have one I don't like. I also didn't care for the nut thins, but thats just me....I wanted something to put peanut butter on, and the EnerG are my FAV!

We like the ener-g crackers in our house too. I buy them by the case! We also like the Glutino crackers, but it looks like those have rice flour in them so they won't work for you.

Hands down, the glutino crackers. They taste like a combination of a ritz and a saltine.

http://www.glutensmart.com/gl.html

I like the Nut Thins just to eat with tuna, but when I want a real cracker, definately the Glutino ones.

Thanks everyone ya'll made my day!!

Yellow Rose

I was so excited you guys were talking about crackers, but i went and looked them up and may contain traces of milk or soy, now im all bummed. Anyone know of ones that casein and soy free but yet taste good lol

paula

Blue Diamond (the nut company) makes crackers out of nuts, they have several different flavors, I really like them

Stephanie

-grant

Those are my favorite saltine substitiute. I also like Nut Thins but they are made with rice. Also, tortilla chips will sub with soup but not with peanut butter.

I've been told the yellow package of all purpose Chebe makes good crackers but I haven't tried it yet.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

Chances are if you have lumps on your body for years and the Dr. isn't concerned they're probably not lymph nodes. Chronically swollen lymph nodes would be something every Dr. would be concerned with.  Chances are you just have cysts ...
    It's different  for everyone, it can be a month or maybe a year. Most probably within a few months. This is assuming the symptoms are in fact related to gluten, which they may not be. 
    Hi Laura I'm so pleased you found answers.  This is very encouraging.  Seven years on from my own diagnosis I wish I could have some vitamin and mineral screening, I'm sure I'm still deficient. Cristiana