Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snoopylian

Downtown Houston, Tx

Hubby finally going gluten-free :lol: !!!

He travels to downtown Houston, TX often and we need some help w/places to eat.

This is what I have thus far:

www.chickfila.com, Taco Cabana, Outback Steakhouse, Carrabbas, PF Chang's, Pei Wei, Flemings Steakhouse, McDonalds, Wendy's, First Watch, Chipotle, Jack in the Box, Denny's will bring out a list of stuff and go over it with you so you know just what is in every thing.

Thank you very much!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Actually downtown Houston can cover a lot of ground. Is he driving downtown or walking? What area of downtown? (don't need an address but cross streets would be nice i.e. Louisiana and Walker)

These may help but as always, make sure they know what issues you are dealing with. If it's a "sit down" restaurant, call ahead and talk to the chef.

• Stephanie Leigh's chicken salad cup is gluten-free - tell them not to put crackers in the bag. Also, if you call ahead, they can sell Boarshead turkey or ham by the 1/4 or 1/2 pound. (good with a fruit salad)
  • Massa's Seafood is a very nice restaurant and the chef is very cooperative. Call ahead to make sure they know what to expect.
  • Birra Porretti's was very good about gluten-free issues. I called ahead and they prepared a grilled chicken breast, fresh green beans and garlic mashed potatoes that was very good.
  • The Lancaster Hotel has a good restaurant that was very helpful, call ahead of time.
  • The Aquarium was NOT one of the cooperative ones.

Also, our local support group leader said if people from out of town call or email her asking for a few restaurant recommendations, she can provide that (free). Note that there is a restaurant guide they have compiled that is for sale but a few recommendations are free. Feel free to send me a message if you need more info.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

It’s certainly possible.  Coffee and susbstances made from cow’s milk are common intolerances in Celiacs due the upset of your autoimmune system.  
    That's good to know. I have my MRI on a celiac disease as it was requested by an ENT consultant to take a look at but again this is someone who isn't looking in regards to gluten ataxia but I can mention it to them and also give it to...
    The boat feeling did resolve but I do still have some residual balance issues. However I had ataxia impact from the time I was a child until my 40's. Glad to hear you are seeing someone that will be looking specifically for the UBOs. My neuro...