Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jewi0008

Alcohol

I'm going to be drinking alcohol this weekend. For some reason, other than beer, alcohol will not ever seem to sit "right" with me. Can anyone give me ideas of what you drink when out and about? I thought vodka/diets were ok? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I always love a good bourbon and ginger ale. Maker's Mark or Jim Beam always go down good. Wine depending on your tastes. I used to try ciders but they're too sweet and will give you massive headaches.

I'm going to be drinking alcohol this weekend. For some reason, other than beer, alcohol will not ever seem to sit "right" with me. Can anyone give me ideas of what you drink when out and about? I thought vodka/diets were ok? Any ideas?

Thanks!

I assume when you say beer you mean gluten free beer. The celiac sprue association has some good guidelines as to alcohol for celiacs I am providing you with a link.

http://www.csaceliacs.org/gluten_choices.php

Many of us tolerate gluten grain alcohols but many do not. You might want to try a potato vodka or a clear rum or tequila next time you are out. Wine is okay also for the most part although some wines use casein as a filter so if you are casien intolerant also look for one that is vegan.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

This is good advice. Some restaurants offer gluten-free menus or mark items with “GF” on their regular menu, and I try to eat at such places. I still talk to the manager when I order to be sure. 
    I've had a swollen gland in my neck similar to what you described.  I found that taking thiamine helps immensely.   Here's an article that you might find helpful..... http://wandererandhome.weebly.com/heal-yourself/vitamin-b1-th...
    Mummu said her daughter was "constantly nauseated, tired, and having little to no interest in eating.  She's lost weight and I'm worried she may be becoming depressed"   I agree with M.Martha.  The Autoimmune diet without dairy and...