Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jewi0008

Alcohol

I'm going to be drinking alcohol this weekend. For some reason, other than beer, alcohol will not ever seem to sit "right" with me. Can anyone give me ideas of what you drink when out and about? I thought vodka/diets were ok? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I always love a good bourbon and ginger ale. Maker's Mark or Jim Beam always go down good. Wine depending on your tastes. I used to try ciders but they're too sweet and will give you massive headaches.

Positive Biopsy - February 2006

Positive Bloodwork - December 2005

I'm going to be drinking alcohol this weekend. For some reason, other than beer, alcohol will not ever seem to sit "right" with me. Can anyone give me ideas of what you drink when out and about? I thought vodka/diets were ok? Any ideas?

Thanks!

I assume when you say beer you mean gluten free beer. The celiac sprue association has some good guidelines as to alcohol for celiacs I am providing you with a link.

http://www.csaceliacs.org/gluten_choices.php

Many of us tolerate gluten grain alcohols but many do not. You might want to try a potato vodka or a clear rum or tequila next time you are out. Wine is okay also for the most part although some wines use casein as a filter so if you are casien intolerant also look for one that is vegan.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)