Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ElenaB

Leg Pain At Night

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi. Does anyone have leg pain at night. It isn't restless legs, it is truly painful. Thanks a lot. Elena

I do and have to use a massager every night or I can't get to sleep. It usually takes me at least 1/2 hr per leg before it settles down and sometimes it wakes me up and I start over.

Yellow Rose

RLS can be more than just annoying, it can be painful. Not that your thing is RLS, but don't rule out RLS just because 'restless' doesn't say "and painful" in the name.

I use a corn bag--looks like a little pillow but is full of dried corn--that I heat up in the microwave. It is amazing. Sometimes I use Icy Hot but usually just the bag.

Night time leg cramps can be due to a low level of magnesium and potassium. You could try supplements or just add at least a banana a day to your diet. If this is more of a nerve type pain, generally a burning sensation with or without pins and needles make sure you are keeping up with your sublingual B12 tablets that can also help.

Hi. Does anyone have leg pain at night. It isn't restless legs, it is truly painful. Thanks a lot. Elena

Shortly after I went gluten free my leg pain went away. Have you elminated gluten, and if so, for how long? I also found that taking extra magnesium helped with both leg cramps and RLS before I had gone gluten free.

FWIW, restless leg CAN be painful. (Though I'm not saying that you're trying to describe restless leg.)

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

The doctor did 8 biopsy from the top of my throat to the bottom of my stomach....he thought I had H-Hyploi..but I did not. I am beginning to think they are missing my issues. He gave me some pump inhibitors, that's it. I have an appt. with...
    Your doctor would run a blood tests (ask for full celiac panel) and then confirm with endoscopy and biopsy celiac doesn't always show up on endoscopy and sometimes the biopsy is what confirms.  
    How is one tested for Celiac Disease? I have had several endoscopes and the lower part too and none of the doctors have said anything about it. I have BIG issues with bloating, severe pain in my upper chest (under the chest bone), at times...