Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ElenaB

Leg Pain At Night

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi. Does anyone have leg pain at night. It isn't restless legs, it is truly painful. Thanks a lot. Elena

I do and have to use a massager every night or I can't get to sleep. It usually takes me at least 1/2 hr per leg before it settles down and sometimes it wakes me up and I start over.

Yellow Rose

27 years of misdiognoses

seziures summer of 1979 lasted 10 years had maybe a dozen in that time Dr.s never could find what was causing them blamed it on lack of sleep and maybe nutrasweet

rheumatoid arthritis May 1980

wrist joint replacement Jan 1984

fibromyalgia May 1980

insomnia since the 80's

diarrhea 1995-2000 blamed on arthritis meds

Crohn's 1998 after two operations to fix fissures caused by the diarrhea

Other symptons over the last 27 years that have been treated for symptoms not causes:

depression, anemia, constipation, tooth discoloration, tremors in hands, tingling and numbness in feet and hands, fatigue, high blood pressure due to arthritus meds, flushing in face, severe muscle pain and thinking I was going crazy thanks to Dr.'s attitudes.

After diognoses my mother tells me I have an aunt and a cousin with Celiac. Mother tested negative but thinks she is intolerant to wheat and is changing her diet.

Suspect all three of my children have it as well but still trying to convince them to go get tested.

In answer to my prayer, "Lord Please Heal My Broken Body". May 2007 Celiac antibody test positive

Matthew 7: 8 Ask and ye shall receive, Seek and ye shall find, Knock and it shall be opened unto you.

RLS can be more than just annoying, it can be painful. Not that your thing is RLS, but don't rule out RLS just because 'restless' doesn't say "and painful" in the name.

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

I use a corn bag--looks like a little pillow but is full of dried corn--that I heat up in the microwave. It is amazing. Sometimes I use Icy Hot but usually just the bag.

jennyj

Diagnosed March 2006 celiac sprue

Severe iron deficent anemia Jan 2002

Hypoglecemia 2000

"I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me"

don't ask people here, ask your doctor. it could be a symptom o fosmething else, more than just a charlie horse

gluten-free since april 05

for the love of gluten-free rice krispies, can we all as a group realize that "celiacs" only refers to a group of people with celiac disease. it is not "celiacs or celiac's disease". it drives me nutso!

Night time leg cramps can be due to a low level of magnesium and potassium. You could try supplements or just add at least a banana a day to your diet. If this is more of a nerve type pain, generally a burning sensation with or without pins and needles make sure you are keeping up with your sublingual B12 tablets that can also help.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Hi. Does anyone have leg pain at night. It isn't restless legs, it is truly painful. Thanks a lot. Elena

Shortly after I went gluten free my leg pain went away. Have you elminated gluten, and if so, for how long? I also found that taking extra magnesium helped with both leg cramps and RLS before I had gone gluten free.

FWIW, restless leg CAN be painful. (Though I'm not saying that you're trying to describe restless leg.)

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA