Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi everyone,

I posted a few days ago in the other forum with a long detailed story about my health and I wrote that I was getting the endoscopy. Well, I got it and it feels like the results are taking forever to come in and I'm getting impatient because it seems I'm only getting increasingly sick. From reading your posts and other websites about Celiac, I'm absolutely convinced I have it. So I'm going gluten-free tomorrow. My sister has Celiac so hopefully that'll make things a little easier when it comes to figuring out what not to eat! Just wanted to thank you guys for your posts because they've helped me realize that this has to be what I have and it's been nice feeling less alone!!

Here's to being gluten-free :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

welcome to being a celiac =-D It gets easier every day, you may have slip ups in the begining, but stick with it, and ask the people on this board for help, as a whole, everyone here is very very helpful!

gluten-free since april 05

for the love of gluten-free rice krispies, can we all as a group realize that "celiacs" only refers to a group of people with celiac disease. it is not "celiacs or celiac's disease". it drives me nutso!

Guest Doll

Welcome! If the testing is over, you can go gluten-free! :D It's overwhelming at first, but it does get better!

Welcome. It's good your sister can help you out. We are here if you have any questions though. :)

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

Hi, and welcome.

You will start feeling better in the diet. You will notice a change in your body. I will tell you is not easy at the beginning, but what motivates you is the desire to feel better, and healthier, and you will.

Welcome, and blessings to you.

Take care, and keep us posted of your progress. :):):)

Have not I commanded you? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with you every where you go.

Jos 1:9

I can do all things thru Christ which strengtheneth me.

Phi 4:13

Blood Test: Negative 03/2006

Biopsy Negative 04/2006

Stopped gluten-free diet 04/2006

EnteroLabs: Positive 04/2007

Fecal Antigliadin IgA "Positive"

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA "Positive"

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score "Positive"

Fecal anti-casein (cow

Welcome. This forum has a wealth of information plus support when you feel stuck! Good luck with the adjustment!

4/2007 Positive IGA, TTG Enterolab results, with severe malabsorption: Two DQ2 celiac genes--highest possible risk.

gluten-free since 4/22/07; SF since 7/07; 3/08 & 7/08 high sugar levels in stool (i.e. cannot break down carbs) digestive enzymes for carbs didn't help; 7/18/08 started SCD as prescribed by my physician (MD).

10/2000 dx LYME disease; 2008 clinical dx CELIAC; Other: hypothyroid, allergies, dupuytrens, high mercury levels