Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nothungry

Gluten Free Road Trip

We are taking a long road trip from NY to Florida along I-95. Does anybody have tips as to what kids of stops I will have along the way and what gluten-free options will be available? Thanks a bunch!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

There are some Outbacks along the way, but they don't generally advertise on the highway, so they can be a bit difficult to find. If you take the time to map out Outback locations on their website, please forward that on. We make the trip from PA to FL every year. We generally stop at Wendy's on the way down to Florida. We also eat the side salads from McDonalds and the apple dippers. I believe there are also a few Chik-fil-A's, they have some gluten free menu items listed on their website I believe. I believe there are a few Chili's, but I can't remember if they advertise along the highway or not. You may want to pack a cooler full of premade cold food... We pack macaroni salad (made with Tinkyada), nacho and cheese lunchables, lunch wraps made with oscar meyer cold cuts and GV or Kraft american cheese, cheese cubes, string cheese, glutino pretzels and jif peanut butter, lara bars or kind bars, fresh fruit and veggies, pre-popped popcorn, a bag of lettuce and Kraft dressing, and some other stuff. Definitely pack all your munchy food so that you don't end up having to eat Lays potato chips the whole way down. :) Have a great trip!!!

Oh, one more thing, many real truck stops (the kinds with showers like Flying J's) have fresh fruit for sale. That's a nice treat if you run out of fruit in your stash.

In PA on 95 South, you can take the Woodhaven Road Exit to Franklin Mills Mall and there is a Mexican Post (no gluten-free menu, but somewhat accommodating) and a Bugaboo Steak House (gluten-free menu available).

I can give you other options in the Philly area, but it depends how far off the 95 corridor you want to travel......

Thanks for the info...I don't really want to travel too far off of 95, fast food things would be the best. I am going to look into what fast food places are available on the road that have gluten-free menu's.

I know this thread is ages old, but I just came across it.

In Ft. Lauderdale there is a pizza place not too far from the highway that makes actual, delicious gluten-free pizzas. Just call a little ahead to let them know you are coming.

Here's the link:

http://www.Lame Advertisement/

Next time you make the trip, keep it in mind.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

Chances are if you have lumps on your body for years and the Dr. isn't concerned they're probably not lymph nodes. Chronically swollen lymph nodes would be something every Dr. would be concerned with.  Chances are you just have cysts ...
    It's different  for everyone, it can be a month or maybe a year. Most probably within a few months. This is assuming the symptoms are in fact related to gluten, which they may not be. 
    Hi Laura I'm so pleased you found answers.  This is very encouraging.  Seven years on from my own diagnosis I wish I could have some vitamin and mineral screening, I'm sure I'm still deficient. Cristiana