Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My kids and grandkids just left after being here for 10 days. they came from MO and all had bad colds. Of course I caught it, my question is Is there any Vit C that I can buy over the counter that is gluten free? I have only been gluten free for about 6 weeks now so REALLY just learning. Thanks in advance Barbara123

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest micah
My kids and grandkids just left after being here for 10 days. they came from MO and all had bad colds. Of course I caught it, my question is Is there any Vit C that I can buy over the counter that is gluten free? I have only been gluten free for about 6 weeks now so REALLY just learning. Thanks in advance Barbara123

If you can find some zicam, it really REALLY gets rid of the cold fast! Especially the kind you squirt inside your nose.

Micah

I have bought both Solaray (sp?) and Wild Oats Vit C with rosehips.

They are both gluten free.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

I second the Zicam, great stuff. And GNC has gluten-free/cf (and lots of other stuff-free) vit C chewables.

EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes

DQ2 and DQ3 sub type DQ7 in December 2005

Gluten-free since Enterolab test, December 2, 2005.

Lame Advertisement Test positive for gluten intolerence in Sept 2005.

THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....