Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zarfkitty

Need A Substitute For The Old Oatmeal Bath Remedy

My little girl used to enjoy oatmeal baths if she got a rash or too many mosquito bites. That's obviously a no-no now. She can't have bubble baths due to frequent UTIs. What do y'all put in a gluten-free comfort bath? I'd also like to know for myself... oatmeal baths used to be a cheap home spa treatment.

-Shannon

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My little girl used to enjoy oatmeal baths if she got a rash or too many mosquito bites. That's obviously a no-no now. She can't have bubble baths due to frequent UTIs. What do y'all put in a gluten-free comfort bath? I'd also like to know for myself... oatmeal baths used to be a cheap home spa treatment.

-Shannon

Baking soda works pretty good. Just sprinkle all throughout in a tepid bath. :D

Me too Baking soda works great :)

(My mom used baking soda baths for me when I had the chicken pox... she says that I LOVED them!)

Sounds crazy, but I use tea bags in a tepid bath. The tannic acid is very soothing to irritated skin. I use plain old Lipton black tea or inexpensive green tea (I usually use 3 bags per bath). Just hold the bags under the water as it fills the tub, then throw them in when it's full! :P

Burt's Bees makes a Buttermilk Bath Soak in their "Baby Bee" line. I'm new to all this so im not sure it's gluten-free, but the ingredients lists "Nonfat dry milk, whole dry buttermilk, fragrance" it's awesome! Hoping it's gluten-free!!!

Sounds crazy, but I use tea bags in a tepid bath. The tannic acid is very soothing to irritated skin. I use plain old Lipton black tea or inexpensive green tea (I usually use 3 bags per bath). Just hold the bags under the water as it fills the tub, then throw them in when it's full! :P

I agree about the tea baths, I use them when I have a rash coming on due to DH. I was told about this when my daughter was real young and having bad bouts of diaper rash. It works amazingly well. Good luck.

Thanks y'all! I knew y'all would know!!

The burts bees sounds divine, but we're also casein free, so we'll have to pass on that one. A "tea bath" sounds yummy even if I'm not itchy.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

The biopsy would need to come from your small intestine. That's where the damage is done from celiac. But you need to be on a gluten diet for the tests to be accurate. How long have you been on the PPIs? My hubby had severe acid reflux issues ...
    The doctor did 8 biopsy from the top of my throat to the bottom of my stomach....he thought I had H-Hyploi..but I did not. I am beginning to think they are missing my issues. He gave me some pump inhibitors, that's it. I have an appt. with...
    Your doctor would run a blood tests (ask for full celiac panel) and then confirm with endoscopy and biopsy celiac doesn't always show up on endoscopy and sometimes the biopsy is what confirms.